275 GTS Heater Blower Motor | FerrariChat

275 GTS Heater Blower Motor

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by weebharp, Jul 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. weebharp

weebharp Rookie

Mar 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Bill Harper
    #1 weebharp, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone have a complete heater blower motor assembly for a 275 GTS that they would like to sell? This fits under the dash as shown in the attached picture. Alternatively does anyone know what other more common cars this was used on and could be sourced from? I have somehow managed to lose mine during a long rebuild.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #2 GTSguy, Jul 20, 2008
    I am unfamiliar with this heater.... I don't believe that my car ever had one. How would one operate the duct cover with the fan installed? It appears that the duct housing could have been used (without the cover) in both circumstances. A flange above the cover suggests a mounting point for another device......

What is the second pull switch on the right of your ignition used for on your car? My car has only the electric fuel pump switch in this area....

Was this fan an option; an early standard? Anybody out there got the scoop on this?

3. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    I've never seen the round squirel cage type blower moter in the interior. The Pinninfarina body manual, my car and every one I've seen has the configuration of gtsguy's car.
    Is it possible that you car was either very early and borrowed a unit form another F car or did someone add that unit to it later?
    Morris

4. weebharp

weebharp Rookie

Mar 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Bill Harper
    #4 weebharp, Jul 21, 2008
    Thanks guys. It appears I did not lose the heater blower motor after all. Looking at your pictures and then turning over my heater core/shroud assembly, which was laying core up, my car 07257 is the same configuration as GTSguy's with the flap. So I did not lose anything as I had feared. A close call that had me worried. Attached are a couple of pictures.

The picture of the GTS with the squirrel cage blower is 07935 from Michael Sheehan's site www.ferraris-online.com. I found it while looking for engine compartment pictures. When I saw that picture I thought I had thrown away the Ferrari heater blower motor, when in fact I got rid of an old Volvo airconditioning blower motor which is what I thought I was doing in the first place. I am guessing that 07935 had the squirrel cage blower added sometime after delivery.

5. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    That 275 unit appears to be a nice and simple heater assembly - you are fortunate. I am in the process of overhauling my 330 heater assembly, which was designed by the village idiot.

6. BB512 1980

BB512 1980 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2008
    AIX-EN-PROVENCE - F
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    Hi All,

4 pieces never used, and complete.

Ref.: RW3918, in 6.5 x 15.

Shipped from France.

Best regards.