288 GTO Interior Refinishing.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

288 GTO Interior Refinishing....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Steve275, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi ya Paul,

I live in Nottinghamshire, If only you'd asked a bit earlier I might have let you peep at it through an Armoured slit in the Garage door...maybe...LOL...Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately NOBODY drives the GTO, Only me, Damned selfish I know, But I can't help it.
    Now if someone was to try and bribe me with a set of pedals & dead pedal for my RHD 328 GTS, I might see my way clear to giving that someone a passenger blast for a half hour or so ???? Catch my drift...LOL

Thinking of putting one of Titanium knobs on the GTO too....???

Cheers,

Steve

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well done Steve - what a magnificent car. Has always been my favourite Ferrari.

As an aside, how tall are you? I read somewhere that if one is over 5'10", they won't be able to get into a 288 GTO. What do you think?

By the way, I was under the impression that Eddie's 288 GTO was for sale via QV500 a while back. Anyone remember this or am I just imagining things?

The yellow prototipo is on QV as well, a mere 1.3M Euros.

Joe

3. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Joe,

I'm just under 6' and although there isn't a great dea of room left, I'm sure someone taller than me would still sqeeze in.
    Eddie's car was indeed for sale, but he did not sell it in the end, I think he wasn't offered what he thought it might be worth, Especially with him having his name on the log book ???

Thanks for your comment's, I don't like the Yellow one, I think it offends the tipo's originality !

Cheers,

Steve

4. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steve

Does it differ much in terms of space in comparison to a 308, because I'm 6'3 an I find my driving position in a 308 to be fine....

Stig

5. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Stig,

Easy answer is No, not really, the roof line is slightly lower on the 288 and is almost undetectable from a 308 GTB, @ 6' 3" you should still fit in a GTO and be as 'comfortable' as you are in a 308.

Just need to get yourself one now ?

Cheers,

Steve

6. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Steve,

Have you seen the latest Italian Car Magazine (not sure of its offical title) - they've got a test on the 288 GTO Evo - not had chance to fully read it yet but looked quite interesting.

PS You've got a great looking car there - hopefully we'll get to see it at one of these meets (I'm struggling to get to them as well as they're all down South)

Rick

7. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Rick,

Bloody Hell that was quick, It's called 'Auto Italia' and it was only published today, Unfortunately I'm in NZ at the momemt and won't be back in the UK until mid Jan, But I should have my copy at home. Thanks for the comments, I too am struggling to get down South to their regular meets, Maybe we should do something for us t'up North, Not that I'm encouraging a NorthSouth Divide or anything, But Surrey is a long way ?

I like the 355 and have toyed with the idea of buying one but I always seem to get put off ??? I'm sure you've read my thoughts on other threads, So I won't go into them again.

Have a good one & hope to see you in 2004.

Cheers,

Steve

8. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steve,

Yeah, well, it wiil only happen after the usual pittiful wish for six numbers!

When looking at the results so far from the poll, it pleasing to see that the 288 is juggling for top position with 355 and F40 (only separated by 7 points). You should be very proud!

Merry Christmas

Stig

9. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Stig,
    Good to see there is REAL taste still left in this World.....TR...Pah...lol...
    Made my Christmas.... Have a good one, ATB for 2004,

Steve

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Before I come over the big pond, I'll have to some shopping I suppose.
    :)

Got that Titanium knob and the aluminum pedals in mine. That part was easy...

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks great! Would have loved to help you, just to get my hands on a 288!!! :)

Nice work!

12. 328Matt

328Matt Karting

Dec 3, 2003
    Lymm,Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have a road test on the prototype 288 driven by one Phil Hill.He was the first non-Ferrari personnel to drive it and he adored it. The best has to be Michele Alboreto absoloutly thrashing the daylight out of his own 288 at Fiorano in a race with then team mate Stefan Johanssen driving a rather mental AMG Merc.Alboreto is constantly changing down just to try and gain a few car lengths on his mate-Amazing read!I think that one of the 288 evo cars was sold by Talacrest in Surrey. Steve you are a lucky man! with exceptional taste i might add.

13. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Matthew

Any chance of a scan of this road test?

Stig