296 GTB front plate fitting | FerrariChat

296 GTB front plate fitting

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kingkelly, May 12, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kingkelly

kingkelly Rookie

Jan 8, 2024
    Cambridgeshire
    Hey all,

Just about to pick up my 296 GTB in a week and have a front plate dilemma. Car has both front radar and camera so I'm limited for options as it will block them, even using the front plate holder that's advertised everywhere. May go for a small reflective adhesive one (I know not completely legal) just on the section above the radar unit. Anyone else seen any solutions?

https://ibb.co/ZRj9M1H
    [​IMG]

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - nice colour

Take a look in the main 296 section at the photos thread - some UK cars are shown there and may yield ideas

kingkelly likes this.
  3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #3 Wheels1, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Your car looks great, nice colour.
    I looked at this one for you as I think they are the best, but it will not work with the radar https://carbonio.com/products/ferrari-296-no-drill-license-plate-mount?rq=mk_ferrari~yr_2024~md_296
    Your dealer should be able to help I would have thought, as they should not supply a car without a front number plate?
    If you are thinking about joining the Ferrari Owners club, I run the Anglia area. Give me shout and I can tell you what we do 07941114919. Grant
    You can fit a smaller number plate to their brackets, so that might work? The one in the photo is thinner and shorter normal. They clip underneath on a 296 so are low already, If you want to take a look i have one on my 812 GTS and live near Cambridge.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. kingkelly

kingkelly Rookie

Jan 8, 2024
    Cambridgeshire
    Thanks Grant, will definitely join the owners club and will drop you a message, I'm also close to Cambridge.

I found a few images of Shmee's 296 GTB with radar, and it looks like you can get a normal plate just above the radar without affecting its operation. Pick the car up tomorrow so will know!

5. sheikhkarim123

Jan 23, 2023
    What did you do in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. kingkelly

kingkelly Rookie

Jan 8, 2024
    Cambridgeshire
    I've got a reflective adhesive plate to go just above the radar, it actually fits fine.

7. sheikhkarim123

Jan 23, 2023
    Cool. Can you post a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat