296 GTB Option Sheet | Page 3 | FerrariChat

296 GTB Option Sheet

Discussion in '296' started by SECRET, Jun 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I understand that which is why I actually wrote "what many consider to be the real" before the words you quoted.
    Although great cars I have no interest in a Portofino or a Roma and I know a lot of others who are of the same view.
    It might be old age.I have just paid £6.90 for a pint of lager in a pub and and felt the same shock !

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I see where you are coming from, but front engined Ferraris were the original Ferraris after all. ;)

Now that is a a real shock. One of these fancy new style pubs?

3. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

I love front engined Ferraris as long as they have a V12 !
    Worryingly it was a bog standard local (albeit on the King's Road)

REALZEUS likes this.
  4. eff1

eff1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2015
    Full Name:
    Will
    I’m finalizing my build sheet and need answers for the following option in what they do. Appreciate your assistance.

1. AFS, I’ve seen some people write “AFS headlights”. What does it do? Dealer couldn’t tell me exactly.
    2. front camera option has no price, is it included in the surround camera option package? Can the low hanging front camera be deleted?
    3. I’d expect Rear parking camera would not necessary when Surround Camera option is chosen. My dealer cannot confirm that…strange.
    4. Rear facing radar, for blind spot monitoring? How does it work, with warning indicator light? The surround cameras should cover that, I guess.

5. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    Where are you located? If U.S., have some answers taken from Personalization Guide.

1. AFS. This technology makes it possible to offer several additional functions, which come as part of the optional adaptive headlights system: • Enhancement of the low-beam light in motorway and adverse weather conditions. • Cornering light in town mode at low speeds. This is now standard in the U.S. as I understand it.

2. FCAM is advanced front driving camera mounted in rearview mirror. Traffic sign recognition and lane departure warning. Mandatory for U.S.

3. PAC1 (Rear parking camera) is standard in U.S. regardless of whether you get SURR or not.

4. BRAD. The back radar option includes the following features: BSD - Blind Spot Detenction. This feature uses the two radars in the rear bumper to detect the presence of vehicles in the blind spot and alerts the driver by means of a visual signal, provided by triangular LEDs on the vehicle’s outer rear view mirrors and possibly an audible tone, if this option is enabled in the settings menu. RCTA - Rear Cross Traffic Allert. This feature makes it possible to detect the presence of rear cross traffic when the vehicle is in reverse, and alerts the driver by means of audible and visual signals.

I would also point out that the SURR and ADAS options put a camera prominently in the middle front spoiler.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

As opposed to not having it:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    AFS is the headlights which move with your steering wheel, to help you see better around corners. It's usually mandatory if you order a lifter. If you are not getting the lifter, I think it's an option. Id classify it as nice to have, it does help a bit at night, but not absolutely necessary, especially if you dont drive at night. It's needed for lift because when you lift the car up, the lights readjust down.

Not sure about front/ surround camera options.

The blind spot monitoring makes a terribly obnoxious sound.

7. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    SURR adds cameras in front, back, and side mirrors. It has that visible button on the lower front lip as seen above. It also has some larger protrusions on the bottom of the side-view mirrors. Definitely take a look at pictures of those if you're sensitive to car appearance. For me the convenience of front camera is worth the change, but I'm passing on SURR due to the mirror profiles.

ADAS adds dynamic cruise control which usually adds a large hideous black box in the front bumper air intake. It's much more invasive visually than the front camera alone.

BRAD also requires MIR (electrochroamatic side mirrors), so the combination of the two is quite expensive for what you get. It will show you the little triangles in your side mirrors if there's someone in your blindspot to either side. I find that to be over sensitive in my other vehicles but don't mind it (beyond cost here). The cross-traffic means the car detects if there are cars coming across your back - think while pulling out of a driveway straight back, and a car coming down the street. In other vehicles it can be set to stop the car from driving or pulling back, ie collision detection and avoidance. I believe on Ferrari it's just an obnoxious warning sound and visuals. I've personally never had this be as helpful as it sounds in the real world.

8. gtapper

gtapper Rookie

Nov 8, 2016
    Amsterdam (NL)
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    Thinking about getting a 296 GTB (had a 458, 570s & now Lusso - time to get back to a mid engine 2 seater) so thought I would share a tool I have built and used to get a feel for pricing for cars in the European market based on the info shared by @sleger & @er72 (thank you), plus some prices I got from my local dealer and a few other sources on this chat where there were some gaps in option codes or pricing. Not going to pretend it's perfect... continual work in progress.

Short version: set your tax rate C3, pick currency C4, enter list price (could be for GTB or GTS as the options as far as I can tell are the same and cost is the same). Then for each column pick your config by adding an "x" against each option and fill in row 1 through 6, 119 to 122 & 126 (if you want). Lots of possibilities to adapt, expand, improve, etc. Personally I add links to the second hand ads in row 1 too.

Hopefully it's useful for some of you.

Attached Files:

Dino_Argento and jm2 like this.