296 GTB | FerrariChat

296 GTB

Discussion in '296' started by Ray Smith, Jul 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    I would love to buy one. The rumored base price is $321,000. If I completely loot my 401k I could buy one, maybe squeezing in a pair of Daytona sport seats.The V-6 engine does not bother me, although I prefer naturally aspirated engines the placement in the 120 degree block puts the turbos in the valley between the heads.

Having sorted out my 430 to my liking I would keep it because it's a hoot to drive with a beautiful body. That would allow me to get a 296 in a color other than Rosso Corsa, possibly Rubino Micalizzato with tan interior.

I'm hoping purists will shun the V-6 engine because I think it's a beautiful car.

Ray

WATSON likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U can finance or lease. Why would u empty ur 401k for a car?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomc likes this.
  3. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    What's the purpose of your post? I don't see a question or request for advice. How can we help you?

kes7u and Llenroc like this.
  4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think he's just 'Chatting', as per the name of the forum! :cool:

Kevin
    (BTW, since we're chatting, how do you like Castle Rock? My wife and I have considered relocating, and Castle Rock seems well positioned. Thanks!)

NuorderSG likes this.
  5. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I love Castle Rock. It's big enough to have all the amenities, but small enough to still feel like a small town. The scenery makes it feel like you're in the foothills of the Rockies and far enough from Denver that you don't feel its influence. But also close enough to Denver that it's a reasonable drive to downtown for sports and entertainment. Everyone here seems to really like it.

kes7u likes this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul