3 More Magazine Articles + Confirmation of Enzo's involvement in development. | FerrariChat

3 More Magazine Articles + Confirmation of Enzo's involvement in development.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by paulchua, Jan 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Found these 3 and put em in my archive.

Symbol Magazine #5
    Symbol Magazine #6
    Prancing Horse

If there was any doubt about Enzo's involvement in the car, Symbol magazine confirmed with this choice quote:

"Paolo!", calls Enzo, whose unmistakeable figure gets out of the "Mondial" that has just drawn up. Paolo Guidetti, 20 of whose 37 years have been spent with Ferrari, joins him. They chat for a while on the car's behavior, their words accompanied by gesticulation typical of anyone explaining how to approach and have a bend. Two minutes later, they are once again on the road, this time together in the same car.

As far as who penned the lines, confirmed again it is none other than Leonardo Fioravanti under the stewardship of Sergio Pininfarina himself.

Pininfarina's thoughts on his design of the Mondial: ...after years of watching public reaction to his products, the ones that looked good 10 or 15 years later were not the show-stoppers and he feels this way about the Mondial.

Whatever you think of the car, there is no denying it is a product of Enzo himself and Pininfarina which is no longer the case with any new Ferrari car today.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Also here is a cool Factory Video from the 80s

freelapl likes this.
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Good to see, and know. Thanks Paul.

Anyone have a photo of Enzo with a Mondial? This is the only one I could find ( ;) ) :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

EXCELSE and paulchua like this.
  4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks Paul! These are cool.

The first two Ferraris that I saw in person were a 288 and a Testarossa that were sitting in the showroom of Ferrari Houston back in 1985. I was awestruck by both of them. I was 16 at the time and the salesperson on the floor was kind enough to let me sit in the Testarossa (the GTO was locked). I can still remember the smell of the interior when he opened the door. The leather was beautiful, the orange gauges were so purposeful looking, and the feel of the steering wheel and shifter were just perfect. I was in love. I almost bought an '86 in 2009 when they were at a really low point in the market, but decided not to due to the size and went with a 930 instead. I'm still not sure that I would own one at this point due to their size, but the Mondial fits perfectly in the garage, offers plenty of the TRs charm, and the ability to take the kids along for a ride.

2cam

5. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Thanks for the article Paul . Your ability to find / research of articles regarding are Mondial’s truly amazes me. Happy New Year to you and your family .

Drive safe,

Luigi

Karsya Eins and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank Luigi for your kind words, I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!