3 Mosler MT900s together | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3 Mosler MT900s together

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by f4udriver, May 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Did you get one Sid?!

2. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
  3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There is one on ebay now. Ask is $229k. I have no idea if this is correct market price, but these cars are wicked cool!!!

Other Makes Exotic | eBay

4. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Congrats! I look forward to seeing it around town! I'm sure we would all like to see some pictures of it.

5. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Will post some up when it stops raining.

6. jhUSAin

jhUSAin Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Lee , looking to connect with mosler owners. I just purchased on last week. Wasn't planning on it. Anyway, looking to connect with the right people to learn more about the car

7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Does anyone know if there is a MT900 for sale now?

8. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    rumen1 likes this.
  9. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Yes, I know about this one, but I think it is very overpriced. If I understand correctly its engine has been changed, maybe that is why it is so expensive, but anyway, if there is no Corvette engine in it, that is also a downside for me.

I tried to buy this car:

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/27996/lot/88/c2010-mosler-mt900s-coupe-chassis-no-sa9lm2xg36d105002-engine-no-k228450/

but unfortunately my last bid has not been accepted by the system (probably I have sent it too late, I don't know) and somebody else bought the car. It is a real shame, as it was a perfect spec.

I made a contact with Mr. Warren Mosler and he promised to give my contact to his son, who is more closer to this area at the moment than him, but I still have no response from Jacob unfortunately.

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I believe Jacob will call you back if you leave a message that you want to buy a car. I never got a call back until I left that message.
    I think he was asking 300K for the red one. A green one just sold on BAT for 294,000.

Be aware there is a huge difference between the cars built overseas and the ones built in Florida. And there is a huge difference between the early cars and the later cars.

Very few cars have not had the engine changed, that is one of the good things about the car.

11. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #36 rumen1, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    Thank you for your post. It's strange , that he will reply only if I want to buy a car, isn't it? :) But anyway, his father copied him in our email chat and he can clearly see, that I am searching for a car. I don't have his phone number unfortunately.

As for the green car sold in BAT, I saw it, it is very nice and nicely upgraded, especially the interior, the price was good. The white car in Switzerland is much, much more expensive than the price you quoted. Its price is 400 000 swiss franks, which is almost half a million dollars. For comparison - the silver car in the UK has been sold for 166 000 pounds (around $ 215 000) and that is including the auction premium.

I would love to learn more about the difference about the S model, that was made in the USA and the GTR model, that was made in Germany, but unfortunately it was hard for me to find more info about that. A connection with any of the guys in Germany is now almost impossible unfortunately. The silver car in the UK is a S model and seems like a car made in the USA, but I'm not really sure.

As for the LS7 engine - I really like the fact, that it is cheap and simple to fix engine and this is one of the main things for me to consider this car in the first place. I have enough cars with complicated and expensive to fix engines already :)

I already decided, that I will buy a Mosler, so there is no way, that I will not have one in the future. I would love to chat with you or any other owner for sure.

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  13. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I believe the Orange Car was Lee Leads, who was quite active here for a long time, it recently sold

I am such a fan that I keep track of almost all that were built in the US.

Feel free to PM if you have more questions.

Mike

Nativetroy likes this.
  14. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I am actively chatting with the guys from Manthey Racing in Germany in the past several weeks. They are the ones, that build the german Moslers in the past and it turned out they also build a unique 1:1 prototype, that is still in Germany. Unfortunately that car was a little bit messed up by its owner with not very good upgrade decisions, but it is still a very interesting piece of machinery.

However, they also don't know for any cars for sale at the moment, but it turned out, that their cars (called the MT900 GTR) are much more sophisticated and improved, compared to the US and UK ones. Not that it matters too much for me, because I will buy any car available, but for sure when I was digging into their work and history, I was very impressed.