3 sets of wheels for 612, need tire sizes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3 sets of wheels for 612, need tire sizes

Discussion in '612/599' started by kenehresman, Mar 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
  2. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Hi Terry, hi All,

I could really use the community's help with a current issue.
    I am about to get the 599 Challenge wheels mounted on the 612 but am told that to get this approved and get the appropriate paperwork of road worthiness in Germany, I need the official documents/technical specifications that came with these. I believe these wheels were made by BBM unless I am mistaking this with the modular wheels.

Can anyone help? Do you have any ideas at all where I might be able to source some infomation?

Thanks all!

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That sounds like a pain, since I doubt the wheels came with anything originally. They meet all TUV standards, so should not be a problem. I believe they were made by BBS.

https://bbs.com/de/index.php

4. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    You are so right Terry, a real pain! And why? I just hope they won’t kick up a stink if they realize the wheels are for the 599 and not for the 612. I couldn’t locate any info on the Challenge wheels on the BBM website... they probably don’t catalogue details on former wheels. And Google hasn’t yielded any hints. I am British, living in Germany and can tell you things are far more simple in the UK! (As I am sure they are in most places).... will keep you posted!

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nobody is going to catch those 599 wheels on a 612. Only the lunatic fringe like us knows the difference. Especially since Ferrari split the increased width half on the inside and half on the outside with offsets. Part numbers are cast on the inside, so how would they know?

6. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    It IS the Germans Terry ;-)
    Maybe I am being paranoid but the agent supporting me with the registration certainly has me worried... apparently I need specific paperwork for the tires too to show they are up to the challenge (no pun intended)! As you know I have gone for the K2s so there cannot be any doubt at all there as to suitability. Such nonsense just to change a set of wheels! Will let you know how happy my ending is!

7. AK1981

AK1981 Rookie

Jun 12, 2021
    Somerset
    Full Name:
    AK
    Hi All

I have the challenge wheels in my 612 and having searched using the vehicle reg, I am struggling to find Michelin’s for my car. Should I ignore the reg results and just enter the size required? Can’t seem to see where I can confirm the K rating either. Any help would be appreciated. I’m in the U.K.

My tires are 6/7 years old, I have a feeling they are getting hard as the road noise is bad when I first get in and settled down after an hour or so of driving, also doesn’t take much for the car to slip it’s back end.