3 x 4 Ferrari logo mat | Page 9 | FerrariChat

3 x 4 Ferrari logo mat

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by wheelman76, Oct 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So the 3 x 4 that has Ferrari on it?

2. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    correct

3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Again, I haven't followed this thread. Who on here have bought from this guy and are you satisfied?

4. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    just noticed this logo is using the "circle" over the "i" and not the square, for that reason, I am out-

5. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    If you want that changed, it's as simple as I tell the graphics dept to do it before producing another mat. All of these are custom made, there is no inventory. Keep in mind though that this is a mat, and you will not get sharp edges per se on things. Printing technology has come a long way, but we're not printing on a hard surface.

If you want me to change the proof and send it to you for approval I will happily do that prior to your purchasing.

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  7. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
  8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Doug, you are not a vendor. You are a non Ferrari owner that takes pre orders so that you can profit from the quantity discount. You are not a manufacture or a business. You don't order for stock.

I setup a group buy to pass on the quantity discount to the members here without one cent of profit to me. I did this because the forum is a place to help other members.

To profit from a service or product is understandable, to do so by acting as a middle man without a official business is something I do not support.

9. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Go ahead and do not support it, but to undermine it is a completely different thing. I provide a service no different than you. The fact that I value the time I put into it is my decision and the forum members decision to spend their money how they see fit. If members want to purchase from me to have quicker gratification and any design they want, that is their choice to make. If they want to wait for you to do your group buy that is fine as well. Why not let the cards fall where they do based on your customer service and ease of doing business?

I sense you're still upset because when you first came to me on mats you wanted a deal for yourself that I wasn't offering to anyone else, something I don't feel was fair to the forum either. What made you more deserving than the other guy to get a discount? From that point forward I felt you've had it out for me. You're the only person who I've had a negative experience with in dealing with these mats in a year and a half.

Also since when did whether or not one owned a Ferrari on this site matter as to offering a service? I'm a car enthusiast who likes the marque, is that not enough to offer a service here? If I could afford the 360 that I've had on my bucket list I would have it by now, but things like that are not in the cards all the time.

Lastly, there's plenty of people out there who conduct business like I do. Not everyone needs to stock inventory in order to offer a service. I'm sure in yours there's plenty of things you special order for your customers that aren't stocked. For most of while I was doing this, I was keeping a small amount of inventory on hand from unordered mats. The fact that demand has dried up shows exactly why I'm not stocking inventory, it doesn't make good business sense.

Please stay out of my threads going forward. Do whatever you want to do as your service to the site and I will do mine, I will reciprocate by staying out of your threads as I have yet to even post in any of yours.

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I wanted a deal? No. You were trying to profit on shipping costs. What I say to you now is no different than before. You are not a Ferrari owner, you don't contibute to this forum (I do), you only come here to profit from members for something you do not manufacture or stock.

I was very happy to setup a group buy were all members here could benifit from the discount instead of putting those dollars in my pocket.

Do as you wish and I will as I wish

11. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Great, now back on subject. Sounds like there's is some interest in getting some of these moving. As it stands, $280 for two mats shipped to your door.

Can still get in time for Christmas I believe.

PM me if you have any interest.

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So no one willing to come forward and endorse this guy and his mats, but a competitor turns up to advise of his product. Very curious!!

I'm not concerned with whether or not the seller is trying to make a buck, owns a Ferrari or keeps the mats in stock. But I am concerned about receiving the product in a timely manner, and that the product is good. Any input from the members on that issue would be most helpful.

13. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    All of these mats come from the same factory down in Georgia. Doesn't matter who you buy from. Once I place an order it takes roughly a week for it to get to me (or you if you order two and I drop ship them). If it comes to me and I repack it then add another 5 or so biz days for shipping depending where you live.

As for one person bashing me vs good words from past customers, I encourage you to look back through the thread and pm any member who's replied and said dealing with me was a breeze. Otherwise go and check every other thread I've started with regards to other designs I've done and you will see many others replying after they received their mats. Their feedback one would hope will speak for itself. I have no other feedback for mats other than what's posted here.

lastly, I encourage you to contact me personally with any questions or concerns you may have so that I can personally address them. If you need my phone number so you can hear my voice I will happily provide that as well.

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    First, I'm not a competitor. I only arranged a group buy so all members here could take advantage of a quantity price break. I negotiated a deal and a deal on shipping so they all could benefit and I did so without personal profit.

As far as your concern about Doug - you have nothing to worry about. I've bought from him in the past and he delivers as promised.

15. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Don't you just love free enterprise and the transparency of the net?

I'm inclined to do business with a fellow owner, like Dave, who contributes to the community and does so out of the goodness of his heart. It's a personal choice.

Good-luck fellas and continue to keep it civil.

16. harlow

harlow Rookie

Jun 23, 2014
    Calgary,Alberta.
    Full Name:
    Harlow Allen
    I'm in for a set of two.

17. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest

Believe me, if I could have a 360 in my garage right now I would. If you look back at my posting history, while I have not been a super active participant, I have been around and frequenting this site for ten years now, so I am hardly here for a money grab. While logo mats are nothing new, I have pioneered the idea of dressing up our garages with these items at least on this site. I don't want to hold a gun to anyone's head saying who they should buy from or what they should pay. I feel for what I offer and the time frame I offer it in, it's a fair deal. Now that my pricing is standardized it really is an easy thing to order from me and know that you'll have them in hand in 5-10 biz days, and that you can do any design you want (I'm still shocked no one has done an actual photo of their car yet).

For those that want to do a group buy with an owner driving the ship, I'm all for it because anyone waiting on a group by probably wouldn't buy from me anyways. If they were, and the timing is right with the group buy then they will save some money.

For those who are impatient and want close to instant gratification. They can pm me anytime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    +1. I've bought 3 of the mats, and asked for one to be sent to a different address. Expectations set were met.

FWIW we've used one as the doormat for our race team's trailer, after a full season (i.e. it was thoroughly abused) it's holding up.

20. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I actually purchased one mat from each of the above "combatants" ;). They were of similar quality and construction - coming from a guy that has put them down in his garage and actually walks on them. They both still look good. I also purchased a couple other things from Wheelman over the year and have been satisfied with every transaction and felt I got a pretty good deal as well as timely responses and shipment.

Dave's option was less expensive but had to wait for the group buy to run its course.

Buy from either with confidence.

CC

21. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Did you say photo mat???
    Tell me more!

22. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest

You give me a photo and I get a proof done. The exactness that they are capable of doing is impressive. Keep in mind though that pricing would be abased on quantity. Buying one is not worth it, two gets you down to the pricing in running now. On the photo mats there is no returns from me, which is why I will provide a proof and photos of some other examples to look at before you agree to commission them.

23. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    #223 wheelman76, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Someone ordered this today with the updated the design to have a "square dot" on the letter I. Those commissioning work going forward will get this. Those with the previous design can easily fix theirs with a sharpie (I'm serious).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Figured I'd bump these again since it's been a number of months. All proceeds go to the "buy a 360 fund." :-D

25. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Anyone want one of these? I got a pm asking about getting one... it'd be convenient to do more than one at a time.