3 years with Ghibli S - all good! | FerrariChat

3 years with Ghibli S - all good!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Sunshine1, Sep 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    In October, it’s going to be 3 years since I got my 2019 Ghibli S. Happy to report that it’s doing well, no major issues, not even minor issues.

I’ve owned several Maseratis before (including a QP previous generation) and that’s the first one that gives me absolutely no trouble at all. First lease too, will buy it from leasing company as my wife wants to keep it for her (actually she’s using it more than me ;)).

jjmalez, SAFE4NOW, staatsof and 3 others like this.
  2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    as I’ve said many times Maserati’s issues in NA have nothing to do with the product

3. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    May be because people have an old image of the brand when it was not very reliable?

It’s my 2nd Maserati Ghibli S, I recommend them (they are gorgeous too). I of course maintain my cars as required by the manufacturer.

pearsonhaus and 3500 GT like this.
  4. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    End of the lease soon after more than 3 years. No problems to report, a solid car, a joy to drive and look at. It’s mostly been my wife’s car. Now thinking of what to get her next. I bought a Ferrari Cali30 for myself, would see her (and myself :cool:) in a Ferrari 456 (4 seats, V12) but I guess it would instead be a crossover or mid-size SUV.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Came here to see a Ghibli. :(

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Ghibli name got misappropriated almost 30 years ago. Get over it.
    They did far worse things to the Bora. It became a VW ...

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    ...and guess what name VW was considering for the model that became the Phaeton?

8. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Boring? ;)

There's a well known west coast Maserati Club member who had one of those. He loved it. He's also a research brain surgeon. Go figure ...

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    No, try again. FYI de Tomaso sold all the windnames previously used by Maserati to VW...

10. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I know that he gave up Bora which is what I was referring to.
    but clearly he didn't sell Ghibli since they were still using it so It was Khamsin then?

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yup.

My webmaster back in 2004 or 5 found an actual embryonic VW website for it, I saw it: zero text, photos...but thankfully they decided otherwise.

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Please post photos. I grew up with a few Ghiblis and Ghibli Spyders until we became a Ferrari family. I still think besides Ferrari, the Ghibli is the prettiest car built!

13. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Bugatti recently used the name Mistral.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  14. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    The Ghibli S is now gone (end of lease). 3 years with it, trouble-free! A great car (this was my 2nd Ghibli, I owned 2 Quattroportes before the Ghiblis). No issue with the previous Ghibli too. Maserati is building solid cars, it’s not the Maserati from years ago.

My wife wanted a crossover, we looked at the Grecale and Levante but this time she picked a Cadillac. I drive a Ferrari Cali30 and my next car in several years may be a Ferrari FF/Lusso, therefore it may have been the last Maserati in our household…