30 days to go!!!! Lets see your season predictions :) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

30 days to go!!!! Lets see your season predictions :)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by beast, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Gilles, that is absolutely HIII----LARIOUS !!!! I follow F1 pretty closely though and I never heard about Ralph playing for the other team, pretty funny stuff I must say though. I think JPM ( my friends and I call him Juan Paco) is a dirty driver though and needs to learn some self-discipline if he is ever to harness his immense talent and actually have a shot at being champ.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There have been rumours about Ralf's orientation. They started after a F1 groupie said she smuggled her way into his bedroom and not terribly much happened.

Personally I don't care one way or the other, but I do think he is straight.

While on that lovely subject: What about Senna? Loud mouth Piquet made allegations in his infamous interview with Penthouse. But then again Piquet being Brazilian too had always a bone to pick with the greater stardom of Ayrton. But I did hear rumours about his pseudo friendship with Xuxa.

Anyway, can you tell we're in the off season? Time to talk about something important...

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I never saw that interview, very interesting indeed !! Did this groupie who snuck into Ralph's room supposedly ever stop to consider that maybe Ralph thought she was ugly? Maybe she's not telling the whole story. Nevertheless, I like Ralph, I feel sorry for the guy that has MS for a brother, talk about a shadow !! The guy can't win no matter what he does !!!

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    She was one of the pit groupies/models, so certainly not of the ugly kind. I met Ralf once and he looked as straight as one can be, for what that's worth.

Yes and no about being MS brother. It is hard obviously, but it also opened a few doors for Ralf in the beginning of his career. BTW: He has a collection of the F1 cars he drove in his career. Pretty neat, they're in a museum in their former hometown next to the go kart track they grew up on.

Speaking of brothers: Did you know that there is a third brother? No joke, but 'only' a half brother. He tried his luck at racing, but it turned out he got the wrong part of the gene pool. Their father had the talent and raced himself in small leagues.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Never knew there was a 3rd brother. BTW, not all models turn me on, maybe Ralph's the same. I like a woman with some meat, not these Twiggy-wannabe (am I dating myself?) anorexic waifes. Just my opinion though.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah and has anybody given the guy some credit for the fact that he might have been in a relationship with another girl and is actually a nice guy and did not want to ruin it. This groupie/bi*ch really pees me off ... what is she some sort of prositutite?, and the media is giving more credit to this low life than Ralph. Some people actually have more respect for themselves than to stick it in ever hole that is available ...

I really feel for some people when the famous BS hits. Both MS and RS are from a really simple back ground and just want to race cars ... what is so wrong with that?

Pete

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think that story actually happened (or not) several years back, way before Ralf had a wife and was just a single guy. It was very clear, that the girl was using him for her own publicity.

And since we're on the lovely subject: I guess you know, that Michael's wife used to be Frentzen's girlfriend. Then Michael got in between. This one is actually a true story. Just last year I read an interview where the reporter again asked Frentzen about that.

Anyway, let's fast forward to Melbourne. I want to have something else to talk about than tabloid stuff.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes knew about MS's wife ... that is a bit different to a reporter trying to get in RS's pants. I've always believed that any person is far game until the ring is on the finger (or the person is married ... if they do not wear a ring, like me).

Anyway ... I guess this proves that Frentzen DOES take too long to get up to speed, and by the time he does the opportunity to be a winner is gone ;) ... hahaha

Pete

9. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Do any of you think BAR will have a breakout year? It does seem possible, doesn't it?

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    OMFG this is taking forever! It was like a week and a half ago I saw this thread and it is STILL 30 days to go before the start of the season?

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Relax there is only 26 1/2 more days to go now. If you do need a racing fix you can always watch the NECKCAR race next weekend :D

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well anything is possible of course. The good testing results are probably more due to their lack of sponsorship, so they were probably running the car at a very light fuel load, potentially even underweight.

OTOH they do seem to be on the way up and might actually surprise us all. Last year's car wasn't bad, it just lacked reliability. And this year having no longer Villeneuve in the team is probably helping. That's not to bash him, but from what I've read the athmosphere inside the garage must just have been absolutely horrible (also that never stopped the Mc Laren team from winning). Now harmony is probably back.

Pete, liked your Frentzen comment. Based on the interviews I've read I'd say I never gave the guy enough credit for his personality. He seems to be a really funny and nice guy. Maybe a tad laid back. Whereas MS is a lot more determined, which also translates to the track. Speedwise both used to be on equal footing at Mercedes.

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Here are some of Kimi's comments about this very issue.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19734

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    who else here sees Alonso as the next possible schumie. After seeing him last year I only see things getting better and better for him. Hes got everything it takes it seems to accomplish alot of things. I never even really see him complaining about anything like oh say I dont know KIMI might. I hate Kimi. May the forces that are Italy (mafia) look at his brake lines.

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #65 62 250 GTO, Feb 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think I'll crash my grand am into a guardrail or spinf off the road with the pedal to the floor... that should buy me a day of relief.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    One thing Ive notcied is if you like wrecks F 3000 is the sport for you. Ive never seen so many spinouts into the gravel than I did the first time i watched F 300. It was almost as bad as that horrible NASCAR stuff. At least in F3000 you have to be a skilled driver and make high speed sharp turns.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I do. I've said it before and happily say it again: Alonso - Future World Champion

The guy is IMHO one of the biggest revelations within recent history. Kimi is darn fast, but I think Alonso is better.

62GTO: I remember the Daily fly over. I watched that race on TV and could hardly sleep the night after. Nobody was hurt luckily, but it was a darn scary moment.

18. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #68 62 250 GTO, Feb 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That last picture is poetic.

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    All 4 pics are hardcore fun!

21. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    1. Ferrari / with some real help from Rubens and if he does not produce,3rd.
    2. Williams / Montoya will have something to prove in his last season with them and Ralf will want to hold onto his job for a new contract.
    3. McLaren / Kimi will do well, depends on total team effort.
    4. Renault / Really coming on. Could be a dark horse winner if dependability holds up.
    5. Sauber / Believe more engine and chasis development has gone on than we all suspect.
    6.BAR / Honda engines are coming back up. Can the chasis give enough help?
    7.Toyota / Another year of develoment will show to have paid off.
    8.Jag / Fords effort will be more focused.
    9. Jordan / E$ddie still doesn't have it all together.
    10. Minardi / Well, what can I say. I wish them well.........................

22. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I read Kimi's comments. Not ONE word about Ralfie's lust, DC bashing or hookers in Melbourne. What? Are we just supposed to get charged up on our own?

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Easy on Kimi please: For him making a sentence with more than five syllables is a day's accomplishment.
    :)

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You cant even tell when hes mad or not anyways. The guy shows no facial emotions. Its like the Terminator.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

Spot on!

Did anybody see the magazine ad for TAG Heuer with Kimi? They made his eyes totally blue. Cana you catch da Mango?