300,000 New Jobs: None at the Heinz Corp. However!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

300,000 New Jobs: None at the Heinz Corp. However!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tifosi69, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    SLIM,

Whether or not the Kerry family has any dealings with the day-to-day operations of the Heinz is IRRELEVANT!! Has there been any proof yet that Ken Lay specifically TOLD anu Arthur anderson auditors to cook the books? Is there any evidence that the Managing Partner of Arthur Anderson Worlwide specifically instructed or had prior knowledge of what underlings were doing in regards to Enron audits? NO and yet they are above all, responsible. "The buck stops here" remember that statement? Nice try, but when you get $20 million a year and then go around and shoot your mouth off about outsourcing you are involved. Sorry, your comparison leaks like a sieve.

2. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard

What $20mil a year? I assure you, that Kerry has nothing to do with Heinz. Doesn't invest in them. His wife is the beneficiary of a trust that held about 4% of Heinz stock. She has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company so of course neither does her second husband. When they were married in '95, Kerry signed a pre-nup: her stuff is hers alone.

You should also stop ignoring those who show you that what Heinz actually does, is not contrary to what Kerry is advocating anyway.

Next you are going to post about all the homes Kerry owns around the world and how that proves he is a hypocrite (they aren't his homes) or maybe that he shared a speaker platform with Jane Fonda (bogus photoshopped photograph), or that he earned his medals in a fishy manner (another common lie), or that he has a republican-leaning French cousing or that Dillinger's penis is on display at the Smithsonian.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Okay so you think Kerry can't help the little guy and speak up about outsourcing because he has money? Kerry has a heart and cares about the middle and lower class.

So your logic is that we should leave the issue to Bush who has the attitude "sure it will hurt a lot of people, but in the short-term it helps with corp. profits".

I"m sure you don't know anyone that has ever been hurt by outsourcing?
    So why should you care about Kerry's eye for long-term thinking?

I don't know which man I will vote for, but this issue has my attention. I'm not sold on Kerry, but I'm a little worried about Bush.

Everyday I meet someone in the $70k-$120k income range that just lost their job to China or India. It is happening in every industry and not just to the low level workers. If you're not worried about this trend you should be. People don't spend when they are scared.

Last week my firm got a Pharmaceutical Lab Director making $150k
    He is out of work because his drug company shipped the factory to China.
    I thought Pharma/BioTech was our last safe industry after seeing accounting and IT all heading overseas, following the manufacturing.

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    The Kerry-Heinz marital partnership (LOL) receives $20 million per year in income from their Heinz holdings, that is a FACT go check it out, in fact it should (I believe) be a matter of public record when he filed his tax returns with the FEC. As for a pre-nup, who gives a damn? What does that have to do with anything? Today they are married and as such he is benefited by those funds. Let's not even discuss other hypocritical positions he holds such as him spouting dem mantras about the Bush tax cuts are only for the "rich" and the rich "should pay their fair share" BS (as if he and his wife are not in that tax bracket). I'm quite certain that he and his wife avail themselves of the best CPA's and tax shelters that money can buy. NOTHING wrong with that, I'm sure all of us on this board do it as well, but don't say one thing and do another.