308/328 poster?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

308/328 poster??

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Oct 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rockn_Ferrari

Rockn_Ferrari Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Akron (Montrose), Oh
    Full Name:
    Robert Walker
    #126 Rockn_Ferrari, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Maybe this should be a poster... "One Blue"

No offense to all of you Rosso guys out there... but it was in front of Row 2... too bad it was only a 3.2 megapixel camera too as this was in 2003.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. aquavette

aquavette Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    Euless, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Any chance you could e-mail me this file?... I LOVE the blue!

3. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Very cool posters!

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Michael Brown, I still need to know if you give this info, thanks

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I found a guy that thinks he can manipulate Tillmans files, and he does do such things professionally. I'll see him next weekend, and he said to give him a week or two after that. We could be ready for Christmas!

6. canadiantifosi

canadiantifosi Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2008
    uh...guess...
    Full Name:
    Canadian Tifosi Sr.
    Greetings Tifosi. Here is a suggestion.

It would be nice to have a CD with digital images of all of the Ferrari posters created. Fchat members could take pics of their unique collection of posters, have them high-rez scanned by someone in their respective hometown, burned onto a CD and sent to one member who could put the complete collection of Ferrari prints on one CD which could then be sold to Fchat members. A running thread could be updated to show which images had already been scanned and donated to the project to avoid duplication.

Perhaps a part of the sales proceeds could be donated to Fchat to help fund the site (if required.) Members could then buy the compilation of pics and have their own choices printed locally at their own cost. Being in the newspaper publishing/printing business I know that in my town there are probably a handful of printers that could easily handle this type of work as these days nearly all print shops have the capability to output from digital to large format hard copy. Printing technology has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years with the desktop publishing, digital transition.

Last year I purchased a CD from a fellow Kawasaki KZ collector who had over 1000 vintage motorcycle ads on a single CD that he sold. He donated part of the sales funds to the online community that let him put a banner ad promoting the CD to fellow Kz enthusiasts.

Just a thought to kick around.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

7. wantaferrari

wantaferrari Rookie

Dec 30, 2006
    I am also in for both.

8. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #133 mustardfj40, Nov 13, 2008
    Here's my poster, I've just bought a frame for 50% off and frame it finally. After couple minutes of admiring the poster then I realized that it's a 328............GTB! Mine is GTS btw.

Sorry for the low quality picture

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #134 jimpo1, Oct 8, 2012
    ZOMBIE THREAD brought back from the dead!

Look what I acquired today! I'd still like to get more made, this one isn't mounted on foamcore and I think it can be scanned.

Will, if you want your original back let me know. It may otherwise go off to college next year with my eldest.

10. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I'm still looking for the wine/woman/car poster. I even tried to locate the creator Rick McBride but no luck.

-F

11. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have the same one, nicely plasticized. It appeared on my front porch one day last spring without note or explanation...neighbors all know my car and I guess someone was cleaning out a kid's room.

My other nice Ferrari poster - Euro 308GTB framed and with glass, was given to me by the manager of Norwood Perf after I got the car.

12. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    +1

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have had a search for that print on eBay for about 5 years with no luck. I would love one

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    #139 Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Oct 8, 2012
  15. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Oooh errr, have to say thats not the most flattering picture of a 308 I have ever seen!

16. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    UDATE:

I took the 'Man Was Meant to Fly' poster to the local print shop this morning to have it scanned. I should have it back Friday. I'll get it in 3 formats, .pdf, .tif, and .jpg. Depending on the size of the file, Tillman and I will work to get it hosted somewhere online or I'll send to whoever's interesed via email if I can. Maybe Rob can host it here. I expect they'll be big files as the poster is ~23x32. You can go get a poster made with the file. I did ask the print guy what it would cost to have one made in high quality through his shop and he said about $50. If anyone here has print connections for large format and wants to have a few made for the 328 crew, lets discuss.

Under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished, my efforts to get this done cost me $50 for the scan and I broke the glass in the frame getting the poster out so I could get it scanned. :( I may ask for paypal donations to help me recoup my scan expenses for any of you that are willing. I have 2 of these posters already and won't get more made for myself. This wasn't about making money.

17. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Sounds good, but which poster is this?

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Man Was Meant to Fly.

See post #134.

19. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm in for getting a copy of the file to have one printed. Paying something for it is no problem.

Rick

20. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I want one I want one I want one I want one!

21. mikemal7

mikemal7 Rookie

Nov 4, 2009
    Definitely want one too!

Mike

I took the 'Man Was Meant to Fly' poster to the local print shop this morning to have it scanned. I should have it back Friday. I'll get it in 3 formats, .pdf, .tif, and .jpg. Depending on the size of the file, Tillman and I will work to get it hosted somewhere online or I'll send to whoever's interesed via email if I can. Maybe Rob can host it here. I expect they'll be big files as the poster is ~23x32. You can go get a poster made with the file. I did ask the print guy what it would cost to have one made in high quality through his shop and he said about $50. If anyone here has print connections for large format and wants to have a few made for the 328 crew, lets discuss.

Under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished, my efforts to get this done cost me $50 for the scan and I broke the glass in the frame getting the poster out so I could get it scanned. :( I may ask for paypal donations to help me recoup my scan expenses for any of you that are willing. I have 2 of these posters already and won't get more made for myself. This wasn't about making money.[/QUOTE]

22. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Oh, I have a 308 so this poster is a no-go for me.

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    [/QUOTE]

I'll pay pal you $20 for the best download option you have

PM me the info and it's a done deal

24. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    WOO HOO! The print shop just called, they have the scans ready! I'll try to pick it up tonight on my way home.

25. Inowownone

Inowownone Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Tom W.
    #150 Inowownone, May 2, 2013