For Sale - 308/328 toolkit | FerrariChat

For Sale 308/328 toolkit

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Surtees1, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surtees1

Surtees1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2017
  2. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    Still for sale?

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE

FWIW:
    The one at the top at left is a standard 328 tool roll, but with a later spark plug tool (probably an USAG tool) from the early nineties instead of the original S.P.T.
    The one at the top right is a standard 328 tool roll, with the correct, original, spark plug tool, but missing one wrench (seven instead of eight)
    The one at the bottom is an early "Testarossa" tool roll, immediately recognisable due to the fact that it doesn't have a spark plug tool pocket at right of the pliers, and to the big tow ring that is unique to the "Testarossa".
    Rgds

4. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    sorry for late response and thx but i need one for 85308

5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi, what toolkit / for what model of Ferrari are you looking for?

I have all these kits in immaculate condition in my collection, going to start selling them, so let me know what you need.

thanks
    Mark

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    A 1985 308 would have a tool roll looking more or less like the one at top right BUT:

More often than not, the screwdrivers would be the same type (= deep red/brown translucent handles) but without the Ferrari script (even if the version with the white "Ferrari" script is by no means out-of-sequence)
    The wrenches would be either "Utema" or "Kravm" (take care that the 14/14mm is of the combination type (= one side open mouthed, the other side with an eyelet)
    In the pocket just at the left of the pliers, you would have the later emergency window crank (= "T" design)
    The pliers would be of the type illustrated in the picture at top right, that is "Kravm" with white Kravm/Ferrari lettering on the plastic handle if the roll has "Kravm" wrenches; or a version with lighter plastic sheaths over the handle, usually blue, if with "Utema" wrenches.
    Finally, the spark plug tool would be one with a slightly larger crown (= 21 mm inside) as 308s have 14mm plugs, versus the one illustarted here with a 18mm Inside the crown for the 12mm p^lugs of the 328s.

Onece again, this has been covered in many details in Piezo's thread "Unofficial 3x8 tool roll specification", that I cannot praise enough.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/unofficial-308-tool-kit-specifications.505898/

Rgds

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I sent you PM Jonathan!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The facts above are totally, as usual CORRECT!

That's a 328 or even the later "generic" tool roll sold in the Classic Parts UK, for the "3 Series" application, even though the logos and pliers are all wrong.
    (And I am not ragging on you as I have updated my pliers too!).

Early rolls have become quite pricey, but the generics sold for "list price" when they had them.
    Out of stock now, so name your prices!!

Beautiful sets, GLWS!!
    Sorry for your loss.....

9. Surtees1

Surtees1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2017
    HI

Yes still for sale.
    PM me for prices etc.

Many thanks

Jonathan

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I will play..how much for the set with the Amber screwdriver handles??

That's a 308/328 tool set...

11. Surtees1

Surtees1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2017

Hello

Thanks for your message.
    Looking for $900 for the kit including secure carriage.

Regards

Jonathan.