News

308 83 QV Fuel Pump - Bosch 0580254975 vs Bosch 69523

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuno Andrade, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    F chatters, I need a fuel pump replacement and it looks like my is the one with the retention valve inside.
    Can you please confirm if Bosch 0580254975 vs Bosch 69523 are the same pump and if they are the correct ones for my car?
    Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    69523 looks to be one with an internal valve as well. I strongly suggest converting to the external valve. If that requires a fuel pipe 119305 it was NLA for a long time. T Rutlands has had them reproduced and they are now available again.

Nuno Andrade and miketuason like this.
  4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    As Rifledriver stated, Bosch 0580254975 is the same as 69523, or Ferrari 113976. This has the internal check valve with only a steel adapter that screws into it to convert it to a compression fitting connection for the fuel line. This is the correct pump for a 1983 308QV. The later pump (1984 308QV) has the external check valve that has a banjo fuel line connection with a cap nut on the end.

If you look at your original pump, it should have the long Bosch number stamped into the outside of the pump body. For some reason Bosch uses the long number to identify parts, but sells them under the different short number.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

Nuno Andrade likes this.
  5. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Why will you recommend to change to the external valve one? Any specific reason ...or just thinking about a potential fail of the valve in the future (easier/cheaper to address) ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Internal valves were junk and prone to failure. The external valve is a superior design and if needed can be replaced as an individual part. I am actually shocked any internal valves are still around.

Nuno Andrade likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. QV308

QV308 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Yes, the 5 digit short code is solely a Bosch USA / Canada aftermarket thing. The standard 10 digit part numbers were often too much for some US distributors.

The 0 580 254 975 pump was originally developed for Mercedes-Benz (release according to the archive was 09.1976), then later found its way in OE series onto Ford Europe, Ferrari, Peugeot, Bentley, and Rolls Royce applications (all using Bosch K-Jetronic).

The later 0 580 254 947 (Bosch short # 69532 / Ferrari p/n 121727) as both you and Rifledriver mentioned with the external valve has an identical flow rate to the earlier pump.

Unfortunately the official website for the Bosch Classic technical archive with all the old K-Jetronic (CIS) component detail is going through a revamp at the moment, so you can't access the fuel pump p/n data. It should be up again in the near future though: http://www.bosch-classic.com/en/internet/bosch_classic/technisches_archiv/wartungsarbeiten.html

Nuno Andrade likes this.
  9. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Bosch web site referenced - still down -- what are the full pump parts needed to upgrade the 83 QV to the later - suggested 84QV f-pump -- is it 69523 that we order - then a full pipe from Ted and then an "external valve" ?