308 Air Filter Duct.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by azheman, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. azheman

    azheman Karting

    Feb 3, 2004
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:

    I was replacing the current air filter (old), and I noticed that the little rubber accordion like housing was ripped. I went to checker to try and get a cheap part for it. I was thinking $10 at the most. They didn't have it, but the guy told me to try Home Depot because they use the same type of thing when connecting pvc pipes together. I looked, but they didnt have accordion ones and thats what I need because it needs to bend upwards. I'm wondering if you guys have any other ideas on what I can do without spending $120 for a piece of rubber (which is what Scottsdale Ferrari quoted me).

    Thanks for reading and any help in advance.

  2. Dom

    Dom F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

    Nov 5, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Dom V.
    Have you tried Ferrari UK? They've got good prices, good service, and are a sponsor.

  3. Dave328

    Dave328 Formula 3

    Nov 24, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    I replaced mine with one from F of Houston. They charged me about $60 IIR. I had zero luck finding something common to replace it.

  4. Dave

    Dave F1 Rookie

    Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    How about cloths-dryer vent hose and some duct tape,
    it's only a Ferrari
  5. azheman

    azheman Karting

    Feb 3, 2004
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    I called Scottsdale Lotus, and they referred me to G T Car Parts of Arizona.
    They want like $65 for it, and I don't even have to order, they have it in stock.
    Damn Scottsdale Ferrari Nazis!
  6. 1975gt4don

    1975gt4don Formula Junior

    Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Azheman, you beat me to it, GT Car Parts is great you won't regret dealing with them. They have any part you want. ANY. I paid $45 for my accordian hose on my GT4 about 3 months ago. The oil cooler hose is still the original hose and is still soft and supple. Dave and Bill are 2nd to none. They know me so much there, all I have to tell them is what parts I need and just say my name and all of the CC info is already on file with my address. Almost on a first name basis with them. :)

  7. miked

    miked Formula Junior

    Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mike Dawson
    My oil cooler duct hose is starting to break up so I have been looking for a more reasonablely priced replacement. Years ago I used very similar connectors to connect PVC pipes in an industrial environment where vibration was a concern. A quick check of McMaster-Carr shows something very close to a 308 duct, available in black neoprene, 12" long, but still pricey at $34.
    page 171
    Corrugated rubber duct coupler
  8. chrismorse

    chrismorse Formula 3

    Feb 16, 2004
    way north california
    Full Name:
    chris morse
    Are we talking about the short section of hose that attaches the air filter box to the fiberglass air inlet pipe off of the right quarter panel???
    If so, you guys are gonna love this... My PO, or his mechanic, faced the same problem and found a very functiona replacement - a 4 inch calder coupling, some times known as a 4 inch no-hub coupling, (for cast iorn plumbing). This thing is $5.00 and nearly bulletproof. However, no horsie.

    I'm a general contractor, crawling under houses, doing additions, etc. etc.

    Gotta grin a bit here, $30,000 for the car and have a $5 poop pipe connector feeding my baby fresh air.

    Very best regards,
  9. Danielcookson

    Danielcookson Karting

    Jun 24, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Daniel Cookson
    I dropped by T. Rutlands this past week while in Atlanta. I picked up the hose from them for $65 plus $5 shipping (it was either shipping or 8% tax)

    Installing it now. Now just to find where the rear vacume hose re-connects..........

  10. BwanaJoe

    BwanaJoe Formula 3

    Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    I seem to be search impaired at the moment. Does anyone have the website/number for GT Car Parts?
  11. tatcat

    tatcat F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

    Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    there was a thread awhile ago about finding a suitable replacement and sadly none could be found. the plumbing connector, fernco is the trade name, doesn't have the flex the oem part has. i too had to break down and buy one off ebay for $65.
  12. Andrew Bolton

    Andrew Bolton Karting

    Aug 20, 2004
    Spring, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bolton
    Got mine last week on ebay. I believe that it's T. Rutlands runing repeated listing for such things.


Share This Page