308 GTS QV door reassembly | FerrariChat

308 GTS QV door reassembly

Discussion in '308/328' started by QV308, Mar 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QV308

QV308 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #1 QV308, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am currently reassembling both doors on my QV and given that it's been some time since it was pulled apart, I have a few detailed questions with accompanying photos:

1. Did Ferrari use a length of strip-caulk / sealant at the bottom of the quarter glass to help seal it underneath? (so it almost created a full quarter glass seal more like the GTB). I seem to remember that at least one door had a length of sealing calk running along the bottom of the glass when I dissassembled it, but that was a long time ago, and the memory fades a bit. I remember it was still pliable when removed.

2. Do the anodised trims on the A pillars have a sealing compound applied to them, or is it just riveted directly to the pillar?

3. What is the purpose of the double sided tape on the top of the door frame (see photo). Is the small tag from the grey vinyl door speaker protector also supposed to be fixed here to protect the locating bolt for the quarter glass frame from moisture?

4. I found several sections of high density foam rubber sitting in the bottom of the doors. Unfortunately it had already broken into several pieces, with the larger section at the front of the door floors. It appears to have been attached with some glue or double sided tape at some point. Has anyone seen this in their 3x8 before?

Thanks in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login