308 Interior resto/remodel | Page 5 | FerrariChat

308 Interior resto/remodel

Discussion in '308/328' started by Jdubbya, Nov 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The fact that you got all of that work done in a mere 2 years while working full time (and out of town) is really ASTOUNDING John.
    From experience I know the amount of work went into your project. I don't know if I could have pulled it off as well as you have with this one.

Looking forward to seeing your car in person!

2. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A very spectacular job John !!!
    I have a great appreciation for the amount of time and effort that went into that restoration.
    Enzo is smiling down upon you with approval !

3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, I'll probably be there sunday.
    My car is slowly coming along; heads are in (euro), motor is out and apart. I'm getting the headers ceramic coated. Waiting to see on the pistons; if it needs new I'm going with Weisco 10.5/1. Car should be pretty quick for an old slow 2v when it's done. Who knows maybe a month or two. You know how quickly work goes on these things!!!!.....
    I can't wait to see yours; I'll do a little interior work on mine when I get it back. I'm sure I'll be calling with questions!

4. Paul308

Paul308 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Paul
    John, your new interior looks terrific. Youdid a fantastic job. Well done!

Paul

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #105 WILLIAM H, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Spyker 007

Spyker 007 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #106 Spyker 007, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    WilliamH

Location: Mission to UR ANUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? :eek: :eek:

7. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    John - that restoration looks amazing. Love the red/ black seats - definitely unique .... modern looking w. out sacrificing the original "look" I think. Nice!

8. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #108 Jdubbya, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    Thanks for bringing back such painful memories Jeffrey (Spyker)!! The last post in this thread was over 9 months ago. What a surprise to see it revived from the dead!

Thanks for the compliment Mike. Everything seems to be holding up well except the headliner. The upholstery shop glued the strips on and the first time it saw any heat they started falling off. One of these days I need to leave work early and stop by there to see what he can do to fix it.

9. Spyker 007

Spyker 007 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Love your oneliner:

They say money can't buy happiness--but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Ferrari than a Kia

BRILIANT!!!!!!!! :D LOL

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Digging up an old thread again.... I started going through all of the receipts that I had for the interior and trunk. I sorted them out and added them up (big mistake). I know I'm missing a few and I didn't save receipts for all the small stuff like paint, hardware and supplies I used and it still added up to almost $12k. I figure I can add at least another $1k to that for all the incidental stuff and the couple items I'm missing receipts for (tail lights and trunk carpet set). So for all those that asked, there it is. Oh, and by the way this doesn't include any kind of figure for the countless hours of my time I spent doing all the ripout and reinstall either.