308 interior restoration | FerrariChat

308 interior restoration

Discussion in '308/328' started by RDS, May 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    I am going to reuphoster my 308. I have been looking at GAHH, Re-Original and Italian Car Parts for their kits. Any suggestions on which one, or one I didn't mention, has the best products? Thanks RDS

2. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I just had mine reuphostered and bought my leather and carpet from Lyle Tanner at www.ferraripartsexchange.com When I was shopping around they had the best prices I could find and the leather was really high quality as well as carpets. Material for package shelf depending on year of car can be difficult to find. I decided to reskin that in leather also it just looked better that the cloth material. Good luck you doing the work yourself or going to have au uphostery shop do it?

3. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    It's easy to find for an '85 though, right? Right? (He says as he waits for his '85 with an uncovered shelf to arrive.) I asked my local guy who is going to do some work on the car and he just groaned at me. Is that a good sign? ;)

4. mambodave

mambodave Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Dave
    getting a shop to do it can get very pricey if you use top notch leather. (ask me how i know) You have to use the good stuff, else it wont come out right.

5. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Yes, but the next owner of your car is sure to appreciate it!

6. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The mechanic that works on my car also done my interior. He said he is going to stick to mechanical/electrical work from now on. Yes the QV material is easy to find. That is what I bought but decided to go leather instead. I think I still have some of the material we didn't use. We used a little to cover my shelf but decided to go leather before covering roof and targa top. I will check if I still have it you can have it.

7. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Aaron: where did you buy the material for the shelf and top ? (QV)
    (the original stuff not the leather), my top needs it too. (shelf is ok)

8. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Lyle Tanner

www.ferraripartsexchange.com

9. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
  10. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    I'm going to have it done at an uphostery shop, I have never done any uphostering and I wouldn't want to mess it up after spending all the money on the skins. I'll check out Lyle Tannery. Thanks for the info. RDS

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a local shop do all the recovering. He came highly recommended and has done great (although slow) work. I figure I got all the upholstery done for about 1.5 times what a new set of seat skins would have cost me. That way I was able to spend the money on other things.....and then some!