308 OWNERS UNITE AGAINST JERKS!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 OWNERS UNITE AGAINST JERKS!!!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by davemqv, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Seems you agree then.

2. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Karting

Sep 30, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Rawlings is a business man with a marketing background. A marketing guy into cars. Doubt he is actually much of a mechanic based on the shows I've watched and reading his background. At any rate, this sounds like a pure marketing play trying to keep the light on his GasMonkey business. I recently became a member here since I finally purchased my dream car last month, a 1982 308 GTSi. Personally I don't care what all the haters out there have to say. I love this care and I've waited a long, long time (i'm north of 60 now) and its a !*#$ing Ferrari! I bought it for me and anyone who doesn't like it or thinks it's irrelevant in the Ferrari world, well that's their problem not mine, haha. If you love your car, who gives a **** what others and Rawlings thinks. Just my .25 cents Canadian.

Cheers,

davemqv likes this.
  3. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #28 wildcat326, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    There's a big difference between taking a car on its last mechanical leg and driving it to failure, such that a good overhaul and major service after its on-camera moment will make it roadworthy again, and purposely wrecking a car beyond redemption. A demolition derby is not an apples to apples comparison with the Top Gear guys hooning around in some run down cars.

4. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Had so many friends recommend that show for so long. Glad I didn't waste my time as clearly as bunch of wankers. :):)

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    This may have worked 4-5 years ago when you could pick up a clapped out 308 for less than $20K. Good luck finding one for less than double that now. Unless they are only going to use two or three cars it's gonna get expensive pretty quickly. But whatever, they'll do what they want and either you'll like it or ya won't.

Anyone remember the Pastamobile 308?

ntb308gtsi likes this.
  6. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I’m not sure this is so bad. More parts for the top
    quality cars that remain and become more
    rare as a result. Really lame concept but I guess I don’t really care what people do with their own property anyway.

7. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    They pretty much ruin any car they touch so this is no different.

8. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    You're agreeing with me again! Continuing to drive a car that quite clearly has a serious engine issue to the extent that you destroy the block rendering the car essentially worthless, is not exactly leaving it so that a good overhaul could fix it. But if you enjoyed the programme, I guess Clarkson was justified. The BBC were certainly laughing all the way to the bank.

9. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Interestingly, earlier in the same podcast Rawlings seemed to say that he started his garage with the sole intent of transforming it into a TV show. That struck me a weird.

Whatever. I still think it's gross and douchey but no one's forcing me to hang out with the guy so I'll survive. :)

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The more 308s they wreck, the more our cars are worth. Bring'm on!

11. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Guess you don't watch NASCAR. :)