News

308 Speedo Repair/Rebuild

Discussion in '308/328' started by alhbln, Aug 22, 2013.

1. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Owner Consultant

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    The type number 61.XXX is sufficient to identify the board, it is a Type 2 speedo.

I have finished the Type 2 circuit board but did not find a good solution for the calibration process yet. The factory process for the type 2/3 Speedo was to send a specific speed signal to the Speedo and then install the Speedo needle in the correct position with a machine. Calibration on my PCB does the same, it creates a predefined speed signal but you would need a special tool or trained hands to properly install the needle then.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. 4valves

4valves Rookie

Aug 29, 2012
    Do you think that will be always in this way or will be possible to find different solution? Other solution could be to send you a speedo ( I think you are in Germany correct ) and you change card and set it ? Do you have additional solutions?
    Is it possible to repair my card, I mean the chip installed is available or like SAY 115 parts?
    Thanks again

3. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Owner Consultant

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I'm thinking about either changing the electronics to further calibrate a previously installed needle or if its possible to 3d print/mill a small guide for installing the needle. Type 2 Speedo PCBs have a different chip, these use a RCA 929xx type which is not available anymore unfortunately.

4. 4valves

4valves Rookie

Aug 29, 2012
    So at moment, we can't use for type 2 your great work!
    Do we have to wait till you will find different electronics ?
    Send speedo to you, for card exchange and setting, is not feasible?
    Thanks