308 Suspension Springs/Shocks | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 Suspension Springs/Shocks

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Dave, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Question *bump* :)

2. Frank B.

Frank B. Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Steinhagen (Germany)
    Full Name:
    Frank B.
    I want to buy the adjustable QA1 shocks for my 308 GTSi QV. But I have a little problem: I live in Germany and we have something that`s called "TÜV",
    in english: Technical control association. I have to go to this association and they have to look at the QA1 shocks. I don`t know what they say. Yes or no? Is there someone who has done the job in Germany?
    Eibach springs and QA1 PROMA STAR AL ( 4855P + 5855P )
    Thanx
    Frank B.

3. ExoticCar.com

ExoticCar.com Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hopkinton, MA
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I just purchased 4 OEM Koni replacement shocks for my 308 GT4(wanted to stay with original rather than aftermarket) and now I need new front springs. I would like to stay with something similar, and Truechoice.com says that Eibach doesnt have/make them...Where can I get them?

4. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Here: http://www.superformance.co.uk/parts/dino3/suspension2k3.htm

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Could someone w/QA1s take a look to see how that perch is attached to the rod/bushing sleeve?

Any chance that it's just a disc slipped onto the rod & held in place w/spring pressure?

If so, maybe there's a way of compressing the spring about 1", while mounting a sleeve around the rod to keep the perch raised up.

PRESTO a 3x8 shock that doesn't require trimming the A-arm for clearance.

Alternatively, has anyone asked QA1 if they'd make a 3x8 shock variation with the perch raised up to provide the necessary clearance?

6. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Actually, the control arm does not need to be "shaved". I did mine and at full droop, it is very close, but does not need to be shaved.

And, QA1 doesn't have anything specific for a 308.

Henry

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Know that, Q was would they consider making a customized one for it.

BTW, what did you come up with for QA1 bushings?

8. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I didn't ask them, but I would highly doubt it.

I had a guy machine some up for me out out 6061 Al. The machining wasn't the greatest quality, but it diidn't need to be. Unfortunately, he was supposed to do a batch for me and others, but due to a personal problem, he couldn't get the other done. He did just email me though, that if others are still interested, he could do them at a higher quality and higher price.

Henry