308 w/ Stebro euro exhaust- install advice please | FerrariChat

308 w/ Stebro euro exhaust- install advice please

Discussion in '308/328' started by jimmynail, May 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmynail

jimmynail Rookie

Aug 22, 2008
    Playa Del Rey, CA
    Full Name:
    Jimmy N
    I recently purchased a stebro euro exhaust that will replace my stock ferrari euro exhaust. I attempted a a test fitting this morning and it seems like I won't be able to route the passenger side pipe to the forward bank without removing the passenger side cv shaft.

A big difference between aftermarket systems and the stock is that aftermarket systems are a single piece up to the headers. The one piece unit just won't allow me to maneuver the right side pipe through the frame and cv shaft area near the right rear wheel. I think it's probably similar for any after market exhaust. Can someone who's done it chime in with advice?

Thanks!

2. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Hi Jimmy not sur if you tried this but if the car is on a lift or off the floor then the right cv axle will droop down.If you can find a way to raise that wheel and inturn the axle will raise enough for clearance.I used to have a custom made exhaust on my GT4 and it had the pipe feeding the front bank like the stebro and whenever I had to remove it I had to lift the right wheel up.I replaced it with an X-Ost and it was 2 piece.Hope it helps

3. jimmynail

jimmynail Rookie

Aug 22, 2008
    Playa Del Rey, CA
    Full Name:
    Jimmy N
    Maurice, great idea! Not sure how I missed that one, too obvious I guess. The shaft needs to move by about 3/4 of an inch so I'm sure it will work.

Thanks!

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ANSA builds it with one long pipe too, that's the answer....lift the car and let the suspension lower.....

5. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    I have Stebro on my 308, too. It really sounds awesome and I get compliments on it.

6. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    +1,and if you really want to be notice,take out the inserts

7. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Great hope it makes the difference,remember to post pics!!!