308 with extra HP!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

308 with extra HP!!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by duck.co.za, Oct 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I say drop 85mm liners in, weld the missing oil bung on and slap it together.

The biggest problem might be the timing belts. The 308 uses a different ratio in the timing gears and belt than the 360 does. The easy thing would be to fit 308 upper pulleys to the 360…but I don’t think you can because dia is bigger and I think they’ll hit each other. That means you need to put the 360 timing gears in the 308 block….and that almost certainly means moving the bearing holes in the block and cover. Maybe the 360 cover can be installed on the 308 block so it’s only the block holes that need to be moved?

If you get the heads it should make 400 hp at about 9000 rpm

2. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Already looked at the front cover from the 360 that not going to fit in any hurry !! These are all reasons why a complete motor is looking like it's not such a big job !!!!
    How is your rear deck clearance looking ( on the V12 )? If I attempt a motor transplant I think I may end up with a clearance issues .

3. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    Recently, I had a change to run an Autocross experimenting with TC/Active Handling. The Z06 has 3 options: TC/AH on, off, and "Competitive" mode. I ran the course 10 times, utilizing each setting at least 3 times. I should mention that this is a course that I've been running for years, and I mention this solely to take the "driver learning the course" out of the equation. The results, I did my best runs with the TC/ AH off. With the AH/TC on, the car would bog (loose throttle) when I tried to threw it into a drift (perhaps this is part of the Active Handling component?).

When running at NJMP Lightning track, when I came over turn 1 and got some air under the car, if the TC/AH was on, the car would again bog down. (First time it happened, it scared the ^@#$% out of me). Fortunately, the car was heading straight down the track at that point. If this happened on the uphill at LimeRock, god knows what would happen.

I can only conclude that there must be many flavors of Traction Control. Driver beware.

4. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Yes there are.

Factory settings tend to allow 0 wheel spin which s*cks...it's an old lady system. I know the BWMs were allowing 18% wheel spin in launch mode which is about perfect on most street tires, but when the lauch was over (you lift the throttle) the systen drops to normal mode which is 0 slip. A racing system lets you set the slip to whatever you want and many give you a % slip knob right on the dash so you can alter it as the tires or weather changes. You need a slip adjust for all the same reasons you need a brake bias adjuster

5. Racing-Baker

Racing-Baker Karting

Jan 11, 2008
    Beveren Leie
    Full Name:
    Enzo Duquesnoy
    #55 Racing-Baker, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Michelotto cars did not have staight cut gears! the Gr.IV homologation did not allow other gearboxes, only modyfing the stock. indeed the gearboxes did not use syncro's.
    photo of my car right now... = luckely not the one who burned down recently ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Very cool!!!

I like this thread!

PDG

7. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    nice !!!

so GR4 regs didnt allow the change of gears? all GR4 cars use stock gears and ratios? i' m very surprise to hear of that.... good to know.

so does your car weigh anything close to the reputed 950kg?

the one that burnt down... was that a real michelloto car? i hope not.

thats a one fantastic ride you have... your a lucky man to have one of the few gr4 micho's

cheers

hf

8. Racing-Baker

Racing-Baker Karting

Jan 11, 2008
    Beveren Leie
    Full Name:
    Enzo Duquesnoy
    they did have other ratrio's. aldo the ratio where dicided by the Gr.IV rules.
    the Gr.IV cocept was a highly modified stock car.
    this was the closest to a prototype (Gr.V)
    also the Michelotto's used double dropgears; they could change end-ratio from 170km/h (with BLISTERING accelerations) to 270km/h (realy fast).

thank you for the compliments of my car, i did not had the chanse to put my car on the scale's :(
    the burned-out car was NOT an Michelotto, aldo a good Gr.IV car ;)