308gt4 front bumper cut out fillers | FerrariChat

308gt4 front bumper cut out fillers

Discussion in '308/328' started by 3px19, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3px19

3px19 Karting

Aug 29, 2006
    I realized this is against the creed of originality but I can't stand the safety bumpers vs the euro on the car. Got myself from performance the fiberglass replacement front bumper. Got it to fill properly. Now the question is does anyone make metal fillers to weld into the box cuts in the fenders so it will look euro/original pre US mess up.
    thanks

2. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I think you are on your own as I don't think they are available. But good luck... if I ever get a US GT4 then I would definitely look into this. It should be straightforward metal fabrication.

I understand and respect people's choice to keep US spec US spec but I also support people who make good quality conversions (obviously 'good quality' is subjective). After all... Pininfarina and Bertone never intended their cars to look like this and there are plenty of original US cars. One day my US GTB will loose its bumpers and diaper.

Regards
    David

3. keysmatt

keysmatt Karting

Oct 31, 2014
    Key Largo, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt Anderson
    Is your original US bumper available?

4. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    If you have your original usa bumper, you might consider doing a bumper-tuck. You can fabricate or use some fiat spider bumper struts. The bumper-tuck is not the same as a euro car, but it makes a huge difference while retaining original parts. PM me and I can take some pics of mine.

dinogt4guy likes this.