News

308GTB

Discussion in '308/328' started by 410SA, Apr 29, 2004.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I went to Los Angeles to look at a 275 GTB/4, knowing there was another offer on it, and I was not very hopeful. Once I had seen the car and contemplated my options regardings the other bidder (hitman, bribery, just jump in the car and driveoff) I left and went to Andy Cohen's shop in Beverly Hills to look at Keith Collins mats for my 575. Sitting on the shop floor was a very nice red 308GTB, low miles (12,000) and looking very good!.

The 308 is still the shape that says Ferrari to me. The first Ferrari I ever got up close to was a 308 ( I was 14) and I always look longingly at them whenever I see them. I owned a Chiarro Blue 308GTB a dozen years ago and regretted selling it. (it was subsequently wrapped around a utility pole by the dealer on a test drive, so I guess it had bad karma).

I asked Andy how much he wanted and instinctively countered his offer.
    I guess I just can't help myself. I bought it. I'll have it shipped to AZ next week and I'll post pics.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Full Name:
    I NEED A JOB
    WOW, BETWEEN YOU, MIKE P, SPEEDY308 AND MYSELF I BET THIS IS THE MOST 3X8"s TO CHANGE HANDS IN ONE WEEK ON FCHAT!!!!! congrats to you!!!!! michael