308QV - Engine oil capacity | FerrariChat

308QV - Engine oil capacity

Discussion in '308/328' started by John J., May 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John J.

John J. Karting

Sep 4, 2007
    South West England
    #1 John J., May 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was looking at the owners manual and noticed that the oil capacity of the engine is 10 litres (which is what I thought it was). However to the right of that it seems to be saying that when the dipstick is at max there is only 8 litres of oil in the engine. Am I missing something here??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. airdelroy

airdelroy Formula Junior

May 10, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Richardson
    If I recall correctly you are suppose to check the oil 15 mins after stopping a warm engine.

Aaron

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Mine (US) version say 10 Quarts -10 quart [US, liquid] = 9.463 529 46 liter. However when I change it it usually only takes 9 Quarts to fill it.

Best thing to do is, change the oil, put on new filter, run engine til full temps, shut down let sit 15 mins and check level.

4. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Do a search...this is a common thread on Fchat.

What have I found... follow the manual. I also checked mine stone cold [overnight] and marked the dipstick so I can check it cold ;) When you drain the oil make sure it's hot and the car is level. Let it drain for a few hours if possible.

5. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    my 85' qv takes 9 quarts with filter change.

6. John J.

John J. Karting

Sep 4, 2007
    South West England
    So it would seem to be about 9 quarts. This translates to 8.5 litres meaning the 10 litre capacity shown in the manual would appaear to be well over max on the dipstick. Will pour in 8 litres initially at oil change and take measurements until level is correct. Thanks all.

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't forget the 15 min rule:)