30k finally with Fabspeed upgrades - On her way | Page 2 | FerrariChat

30k finally with Fabspeed upgrades - On her way

Discussion in '348/355' started by geno355, Nov 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Nope. Never a sound.

Geno

2. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Sorry, I was not clear with my question.

Is there any noise from those bearings when you spin them in your hand?

3. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Nothing noticeable.

Geno

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Although those original belts look flawless, I can't believe someone would go 12 years without the service.

5. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Hey, I've only had the car 6 months. It was my first best opportunity. In defense of the 2 prior owners, maybe they're the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" types, and frankly, I am too. My biggest fear is that this 12 year old, 19k mile car which has run beautifully just by changing the fluids every thousand miles, will now start having issues. I'm glad my car is in good hands with Jack and Craig at NJB. It eases my mind considerably.

Geno

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The bearings won't necessarily spin freely in your hand... but when you spin the old bearing, do you notice any grit or bumpiness in the rotation?

Belts, shmelts. The new ones you're installing have the white waxy-like kevlar ribbing. A billion times better than the unlined ones that came off your car. Lookin' good !

You should have her back just in time for the heavy winter snows. :(

7. BrandSB

BrandSB Karting

Jun 11, 2008
    Canton, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hey Geno, Yes, I crossed paths with Jack earlier this year when I was looking at one of his former patients. He spent a couple of hours on the phone with me over time as I agonized through the buy-hold process. I finally passed on the car but have been in contact with him since acquiring my '95 and he's still returning my calls, inviting me to events and sending e-mail updates...and I haven't even met him yet. Glad to hear that you agree...good luck with your ongoing service and keep us updated...

Steve

8. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    I wasn't personally there to spin them before they came off, but the edge outside where the belt wasn't making contact is certainly rough. Where the belt was making contact it os smooth as a baby's butt. Note that after 19k miles, the printing hadn't even worn off the belt.

That's good news I wasn't aware of about the Kevlar ribbing. More peace of mind for me.

Heavy winter snow. I wish so I could play in my Jeep! We haven't had a deceent snow here in Podunk in about 6 years. It's always just east of us.

Geno

9. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    And I'm grateful to Fchatter Gershwin for giving me the heads-up on NJB. Seems like all the good things that I learn in my Ferrari life originate from Fchat. Hmmmm....

Geno

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Geno, I did not mean you, I meant the previous owner(s). I guess your situation makes a mockery of the "3-year" rule.

11. joao

joao Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    The 3 year rules is just to put more money in Ferrari's pocket...and most owners fall in that state of mind. Owned lots of cars over the years...and never overserviced them...just common sense and regular care, just like a good girlfriend...
    Geno congrats on all the work you are doing to the car...I must agree it was time for the service but glad to see that you drove it a few thousand miles before getting to it...and those belts look like new...may want to keep them around...would love to hear the car after all the work is finished...enjoy my friend and happy holidays.

12. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Thanks, Manny. It's in the shape it's in because of the care and attention you gave her. Just like a good girlfriend! All the best to you and Christina.

13. joao

joao Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks Geno...just got a letter from Ferrari about a factory recall on the fuel line, you may want to contact your local dealer.

14. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    I got it, too. I can't figure out how I knew I owned the car. Must be a D.O.T. thing. NJB in Westerville is taking care of it for me.

Thanks!

15. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
  16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    VERY nice....

17. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Amazing pipes mate but aren't they too close to the chassis ? And could they touch when the engine vibrates ?

18. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Well, I sure hope not. They look close in the pic, but these have been used on a bunch of cars and I haven't heard that complaint yet. I hopeI'm not the first! Thanks,

Geno

19. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    HI Geno

Car looks great. Headers and bolt-on 2ndARY catbypass pipes will really really wake up that 355 engine and let it breathe. Those headers are bullet-proof and super high performance.

Merry Xmass and Happy Holidays from Park City Utah

we need snow!

20. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Joe,
    You should have gone to the Pocono's, plenty of snow there

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    UUUGGGHHH!! :)

22. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Thanks, Joe. I can't wait to try'em out.

Geno

23. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
  24. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name: