328 Cabin fan heater issue | FerrariChat

328 Cabin fan heater issue

Discussion in '308/328' started by 83911SCDrew, Jul 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 83911SCDrew

83911SCDrew Karting

Oct 21, 2018
    Bernardsville
    Full Name:
    Andrew K
    Hi all

My 328's left side (drivers side) cabin fan has ceased working. Both sides with fans and dash lights worked all winter, but now the left side has stopped working. The light does not come on when i turn the left side control, and the fan does not activate. I can feel heat, however, and I can also hear the relay click on and off from the fuse panel when i turn the fan knob. I tried replacing the fuse for the left side heater, but this did not correct the problem.

My question is, if the fan seized on the left side, would the dash light also not work? Any ideas of where to troubleshoot?

Thanks all!

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Thinking if the fan seized the fuse would blow. I would check power to the wire at the fan. Just saying…

3. Mantinger

Mantinger Karting

Jul 30, 2004
    Netherlands, Drenthe
    Full Name:
    H
    Could be the connection at the blowermotor itselve. Remove the left inner wheel splash guard to reach the connector. Clean, treat with WD-40.
    Check also the connectors/relays connections behind the passenger floor panel.