News

328 engine flooding after sitting for a few weeks.

Discussion in '308/328' started by pad, May 25, 2019.

1. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    #1 pad, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    When I let the '86 USA 328 sit for a few weeks, the engine floods when starting. It will only run on a few cylinders. It is not cylinder bank related. I have good spark from both coils. I have been chasing the solution for about a year. Once I get the car running correctly, usually after messing with various attempts over a day or two, it will start and run great for weeks on end until I put is away for another few weeks. I disconnect the new battery when I put the car away for any period of time. The car has new plugs, wires, etc. Once when I was trying things, I loosened the fuel injector lines on the fuel distributor. 2 lines spurted fuel while the others did not. The car started up and ran great afterwards. However, when I tried the same thing today (after the car sat for several weeks), loosening up the lines had no effect. Any thoughts? I've been shot gunning different things, but nothing seems to consistently work. I should mention the car is in Florida, so cold temperature is not a factor.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Did you send your fuel injectors out for testing and cleaning? Could it be leaking fuel into the cylinders?

4. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    It seems the problem is in the WUR. I measured and then SIGHTLY tapped down the control rod a fraction of an inch
    (bronze "cap" located on the top of the WUR).
    This had the effect of increasing the fuel pressure and VOILA, the car started and ran great. Looks like the WUR will need to be rebuilt. I'll keep you posted.