328 fuel injection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 fuel injection

Discussion in '308/328' started by rizzo308, Jun 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike996
    the Kjet WILL inject fuel if the ignition is on, the pump switch bypassed, and the sensor plate pushed open by hand. But on the 328 it will not."

So this is not true? I've dealt with a few CIS cars, but I don't know all systems for sure. This is different than what I've experienced, I don't remember it from reading the K-Jet books I have, but I have limited experience."

No, it is NOT true; I was totally incorrect in that statement based on my own testing of my 328's KJet system, more specifically, my MEMORY of it. As Larry pointed out, the system will inject fuel if the switch is bypassed, the ignition on, and the sensor plate moved by hand. There is no difference between the 308/328 in this regard. I apologize for relying totally on my (incorrect) memory of tests I performed over a year ago. I should have at least said something like, "If I remember right" or something like that. :(