328 GTS 1986 wiring questions | FerrariChat

328 GTS 1986 wiring questions

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ballie64, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
    Hi I recently purchased a lovely 328 however at some point in its life it obviously had an alarm fitted, it doesn't seem a good job was done at fitting or removing it!

There is a thick blue wire (permanent live) coming out of the main loom which went to the thing in the photo which I assume was something to do with an alarm there was also a blue/red wire attached to it that goes to the driver door and interior light. Where should this thick blue wire from the main loom go and should the blue/red door wire be connected to the thick blue one?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
    In addition to this the drivers side passenger window control up button is crudely soldered to a yellow wire of thick gauge the wire from the switch on the door is yellow/red of thinner gauge, this doesn't seem right either?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    First congrats on the new car!

Ive taken a number of alarms and immobilisers out of my two toys. Quality of the installation on some is shocking; and no wonder they cause lots of issues!

Can’t help with what the wires do; but if everything works, I’d just terminate them for the moment.

You will have more luck posting in the 328 section. I’m sure somebody will be able to offer up a wiring diagram for you.

Ballie64 likes this.
  4. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
    There is also a white/red wire of thick gauge coming from a loom connector soldered to a thinner gauge red wire which goes off to the door ...this is switched live with ignition. Obviously I cam make a better connection between the two wires it just seems strange how the gauge and colour changes ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
    Oh god I thought I had posted in the 328 section what an idiot I am