328 GTS with New Wheels | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 GTS with New Wheels

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Mule, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Mule what are the offsets of the wheels?

2. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Wow, I really like those wheels! They look nice because you can tell that they're not stock, but they dont look to crazy if you know what I mean. Like, they look like they would belong on that car.

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I KNEW YOU WOULD ASK (I have been reading your other thread)! I am afraid that I did not measure them before I put them on, but they are very close to stock (though each wheel is 1 inch wider). From talking on the phone with Compomotive, I was assured they would fit, so I let them set the offset.

Don't forget backspacing, too, when you look at new wheels (though the two are related). I will see if I can get the numbers. Take a look here:

http://www.usacomp.com/terms.htm

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Exactly the look I wanted. Since that wheel is on the F40 and GTO, and similar style on the Boxer, it still looks like a Ferrari wheel. I looked at a lot of F40 and GTO pictures to help me decide. The GTO look finalized my decision. I wanted a little brighter wheel in the wheel well to balance the black car, but didn't want a "crazy" different wheel, that really looked non-Ferrari.

5. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Black on Black. IMO the best color scheme for the 328. Very Nice

6. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water

:)

True- mine are 17" Speedline modular rims.
    255/45 P-Zero Rosso rear & 225/45 Pirelli PZero Asimmetrico front.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice work Mule!

I love the 288 look it gives the car. :)

Congrats!

8. patisi

patisi Rookie

Jan 21, 2004
    Very beautiful whells but still not change the car are very common to a ferrari but are very beautful go ahead good chocice

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    One last thing if you buy new wheels. After a week, I was driving and heard a squeek from the rear that matched wheel speed. I thought, "Oh no, these wheels wont work, they are hitting something or straining the rear end."

I looked underneath and they weren't hitting anything, so I re-torqued all the wheels. Squeek gone, but I don't know how a squeeking sound can come from loose lug nuts (but they weren't loose). Sort of a bed spring squeek that matched the wheel speed, brakes on or off. But it is gone!

BTW, I did re-torque them after 100 miles. This is the second re-torque.

10. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice car and great set up. The car sure looks clean. Enjoy!

11. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Amazing car! Thanks for the pics, it looks great all polished in black, too.

12. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    That is one great looking car. The wheels really add a lot. Hard for me to say, but I like them as well as my speedlines...
    It is a very Ferrari look.
    Just terrific.

rt

13. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Thanks, all,
    I am really happy with the decision, though it took me a year to decide. As was said, keep the Ferrari look with a little update.