328 luggage compartment cover | FerrariChat

328 luggage compartment cover

Discussion in '308/328' started by Joe Stanton, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe Stanton

Joe Stanton Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2020
    Central Coast area of California
    Full Name:
    Joe Stanton
    Happy Sunday. Today I want to find out if the Ferrari emblem on the engine lid can be tightened and then do it, properly. It is loose and moves around and makes vibration sounds.

My first question is how to remove the carpeted luggage compartment cover from the underside of the engine lid. It has a series of what appear to be push pins holding it in place, but I do not want to just try and jerk them free without being sure that is the right way to do it, for example the ones that secure the carpet inside the luggage compartment have a slotted push pin, so those are removed via push/turn/pull. These on the lid carpet appear to be different (see pic), but one never knows if there is a special technique to remove without damaging. Please let me know if you have done this and know the right way.

Last week I added rivets to the underside of the engine lover area where one side came loose. So I think there are many small places where bits and pieces are loosened up over time that need securing, see video for the rivet issue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files: