328 major service list of repair items | FerrariChat

328 major service list of repair items

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dhs-9, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Does anyone know where I can access on line what Ferrari reccommends to be done during a 30,000 major

2. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Don't ask a dealer, they will sell you a load.

4. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    I just had a major service done by Eugenio (1986 328 GTS) and nobody could be happier. He fixed all the little things, often for no additional charge, gave me about 100 pictures of the work being done, and has made himself available for any questions I might have. If you live in Southern California, (or you are willing to get to him), I would not pick anyone lese to work on my car.

5. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    $1995 for a 328 major service. Wow, that's a good price! Thanks for the link.

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Ron,

I thought that was way out too, like unbelievable price for a major service.

But, read all the fine print, most of the major from this place is just to inspect everything, not replace like a Ferrari Dealer does.... I just had a Major Service done on my 328 last month from a Ferrari Dealer, it cost me total about $7,500. But they actually replaced and repaired stuff. For example, they replaced all the belts, didn't just inspect them, but replaced them. My A/C needed repair and they did that. My Shift Shaft Seal was shot too, they fixed that. They also found other things that are not on the Major list that needed to be replaced and they did that. I am happy with the service i got and now knowing i have a very reliable 328 now to drive...

I have always believed in, you get what you pay for....

7. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, my error, he does replace the belts.... Good price, but i guarentee you won't leave there paying only $1995.....

8. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    You will not be sorry you went to Eugenio. He is as honest as the day is long. He finds all the little things like bad electrical grounds, missing bolts and washers, etc. He not only did my major service but fixed all the leaks, detailed the engine (painted the plenum, etc.) much of it without charging me a penny. He flat gets it right and stands behind his work.

I recommend you talk with him, he won't work on just anybodys car and he only does one car at a time. It took over 2 months for my turn but it was so worth it.

9. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    He did both my Ferrari's.

I am extremely happy with both and will go with him again.

The prices he lists assumes you're bringing him a car that needs nothing more than what is listed, a near perfectly maintained car. True, chances are he will find things and it will cost more but it ain't going to cost no $7500.
    At least the prices are listed so you know what you're in for. :)

My personal opinion is the work that gets done gets done better than elsewhere that's why I wait, and that's why I go to him.

If he charged double I'd still go.

J.G.

10. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, he sounds like a great guy. That is the most important thing with these cars (Ferraris) is finding a very reliable and honest shop/mechanic to do the work on it for you.

I will remember him for my next service, HAH! I think even having my car shipped from Illinois to California, have him do the service and then ship it back to me would be cheaper than the dealer... hmmmm????? Now i'm wondering...... Oh well, next time.... :)