328 Misc. | FerrariChat

328 Misc.

Discussion in '308/328' started by ScuderiaRossa, Dec 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    OK, the only things I need to "complete" my 328 are:

Luggage Set
    Window Sticker (good luck with that, right?)
    Small Key for the storage pouch behind the passenger seat

Any chance of finding this key, or having a replica made from another one? Are they keyed differently from car to car?

Thanks.

2. F328

F328 Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi Len S

I have a 328 GTS - 1988 Model

I advertised on the FOC website for luggage and got quite a few replies. Good luggage is not cheap however!!

Not sure what you mean by the key . Could you explain more please.

Regards

3. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I have seen the window stickers on ebay in the past. Some one sells them for $7.00. I just did a search on there I did not find any. I did see some on there a couple of days ago.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  5. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    There is a small storage pouch attached to the back of the passenger seat. I assume its for the document folder, anyway, the flap has a latch on it that snaps into a lock. That lock requires a key. I've seen this key just once at a Concours event. Every car came with it, most have not survived.

6. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Len,

I have the key, let me see if it's possible to get a copy made. I'll check over the weekend. My guess is they're the same for all cars. It actually looks like a little padlock key. The type you see with luggage. You could also try a locksmith, they might have a blank.

tom

7. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Tom, that would be terrific. Not having that key has been driving me crazy. Thanks!

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Luggage is available from the Ferrari Owner's site (prepare to bend over)
    Window stickers can be made from someone else's...seen it done many times, just add in the appropriate dealer, VIN and options to fit your car.
    Key? Good luck...I believe I still have them in my owner's pouch. ;)

9. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I am in search of the luggage also so which Ferrari's owner's site are you refering to?

10. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Ferrari Owners Site =

www.owners.ferrari.com

on there is a sub page to buy luggage...it's about $1500 for our cars ( 328 )

Ciao'

n24re

11. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    Wow. After having my GTB for a long time and judging many others at Concours I did not know about this key. Tom, if you could make a copy of yours for me and Lens, I'd be glad to reimburse you handsomely. Please let us know.

Lens, I think having luggage is an unnecessary thing to have in order for you to feel your car is complete- purely an option.

Dan

12. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane

Are they brand new and original, the same when the car was first purchased?

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Crap, after searching through the document pouch and all the little "cubbies" in the car, I cannot find the keys....maybe I never had them....could have sworn there was a pair of little keys in the document pouch.

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    They are newly made, by the same manufacturer (Shedoni) from the original designs. But they are more expensive than $1500....Try $4850 at today's exchange rate...plus shipping and duties!

15. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane

That is so expensive! If it is this high then I think I will forget it.

16. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    The last time I checkedout the Schedoni luggage on the owner's site it was priced at US$4420.00 PLUS the shipping and duty fees....

I LOVE that luggage, but not for that price. I'd rather buy a nice Schedoni weekend bag (still expensive) and still have room in the trunk for a small beer cooler!

I'd be interested in getting one of those passenger side document holder keys too.... I never got one when I bought my 328....

17. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That is what the rest of us do... ;) It is possible to find used sets on Ebay for under $2k..just keep an eye out. Sometimes they will sell for under $1k.

18. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I'll keep track on eBay then. Thanks.

19. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Len,

I have just sold my '89 328 GTS c/w Key, Window Sticker and Luggage !

It is now for sale at Graypaul Nottingham - I'm sure they'll let you look at them all if you ask ?

Seb

20. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I have an '85 308 w/the pouch key. I will see if there is anyone who can duplicate it...I would assume that it's the same as the 328 key?

21. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Gil, not sure if they are the same.

Dan, I was judging about a year ago and talking with a few other judges; the key came up because it was the deciding factor among closely-matched cars. I suppose having a luggage set at a Concours helps, but you're right, its not essential. Having said that, I think I would still be tempted to pick up a set, you can find them on eBay for under $1800.

22. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    OK... stupid question here....

Exactly what window sticker are you guys talking about?

23. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    The original sales invoice that appears on every new car indicating year, model, standard features, options, cost, etc.

24. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Oh, ok.... I get it now... I thought it was a decorative sticker of some sort.

I did not get the original invoice sticker with mine. Too bad too, as it adds some extra value to the car and its history.

I've given up on getting the luggage, but now need to hunt down a key for the passenger seat rear pouch...

If any of you guys have this key and are willing to make a copy, I'll be happy to pay well for it...

Thanks!
    BH

25. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Guys, I'm sorry but I went to my locksmith today and they have no blank that small. They checked their catalog and that key is not listed as a Ferrari key. They also said that the key didn't look like a "cut" key, meaning that it is stamped. Their only suggestion was a dealership. However, I was wondering if the key may actually be a Schedoni key, as it looks like it may also work for small luggage or a briefcase. Sorry I couldn't help out.

Tom