Wanted - 328 Wheels | FerrariChat

Wanted 328 Wheels

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by RicSinger, May 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I am looking for a set of 328 wheels.

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    You really should say which ones? Concave (= serie 1 cars) or convex (serie 2 cars, = 88 1/2 and 89)...

Rgds

3. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I have a non-ABS (concave) set

4. Modena-fer

Modena-fer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    MIAMI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have Abs ones
    One front & one rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
  6. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Does any know what kind of wheels are the ones on the photo above?

thank you so much for your help.

7. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Would you show me a photo?
    Maybe these are the ones I am wanting to buy.
    I posted a photo above showing the ones I want
    Thanks

8. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Yeah mate, those are the ones I have. PM me and we'll talk
    Cheers
    Patrick

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    You should really check the wheel's offsets before; I'm not sure that the concave 328 wheels do have the same offset...
    (As far as I know, only the convex fronts for the late (= série 2) 328 wheels are fully interchangeable with the same period "Mondial" wheels (Bulged, or convex...)

Rgds

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    O.K, Rick, I have been looking at your other thread...your car is a "Mondial T", right? Then the wheels you are showing us, which are "concave" (dished in) WILL NOT FIT on a "T"; "T"s have bulged wheels (= convex), close to (but not identical, alas...) to the "Série 2" 328s.
    The concave wheels would not fit on a "T" suspension; offsets would be very wrong, and furthermore, the wheels would stick out of the wheel arches by two inches...

Rgds

11. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Thank you for the “heads up” I will check it out.
    I saw a photo which I posted above in the thread of a Mondial with those wheels and love the look.

Thanks again

12. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California

Thank you very much for your comment.
    I will make sure before I make any purchases.

currently my car has 348’s wheels and I don’t like them too much.

thanks again.

13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #13 Wade, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    There are so many differences between the Mondial t and it's predecessors (8, QV and 3.2) that maybe they should have been given it a different name.

RicSinger likes this.
  14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    What dont you like about teh 348 wheels? Just the visual look or the way they fit on the car (too far in/too far out etc?)

People often say this or that wheel wont fit because wheel X has 25MM offset and wheel Y has 40MM offset. The fact of the matter is that different offset is often times why people change wheels, to fill in or out the wheel well to their satisfaction.

My logic is as follows, Your car is a T with 348 wheels on it. People also put 348 wheels on 3.2 mondials. The pic you posted is a 3.2 mondial with 328 (pre ABS) wheels. If someone put pre ABS 328 wheels on a momndial 3.2 which you can put 348 wheels on just the same as a Mondial T then by deduction the 328 pre ABS wheels should fit as well.

I've been through this a couple times switching wheels on my mondials, 348 and my lotus esprit. What works best is to created a scale drawing. Full size 1:1 if needed. It doesn't have to be a full auto cad kind of thing, just some parrelell lines that represent the monting face of the hub, the edge of the fender, the points where suspension would interfere etc. Mock up the specs of the wheel you have on the car, mock up the specs of the wheels you like, etc just play with numbers/offests. At some point a spacer might be needed...until you see the layout on paper or mocked up in cardboard just going by a bunch of numbers and saying this or that wont fit doesn't cut it.

Find the specs of the wheel you like then figure out some way to mock it up and physically check/test.

15. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California

Thank you for this thorough message and for taking the time to write it, I appreciate.

I actually like the 348 wheels more than the original ones but I love the overall look of the ones on the 3.2 of the photo.
    I am going to follow your advice and see what I end up with.
    Thanks again.

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The original "Mondial T" wheels (138857/137087) have 50,8mm offset front, and 51mm rear.
    Concave ("dished in" 328 wheels have 11mm offset front and rear. The 40mm ( about 1 inch 5/8) difference would make the concave 328 wheels stick out of the fenders by the same amount...it's your money of course, but it would be weird visually. Except for a hot-rod, that is...

Rgds

17. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I totally get it and I would not want such look.
    I generally have good taste so let’s see what I end up with, I will share photos when done.

Thank you.