330 GT 2+2 One Off Barn Find, Help Identify?! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

330 GT 2+2 One Off Barn Find, Help Identify?!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by OneOff, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I quite like it and also much prefer the 4 headlight S1 330 GT 2+2 over the twin headlight S2 car that is more characterful imho. I might like this particular car even more if I knew that somebody highly regarded converted the nose on this car.

2. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Nope. Not at all. Even in its found condition with the horrible color, it wasn't offensive. It was just VERY different.

My eyes saw angles and lines on the front end with the standard rounds and curves of a 330 in back. It didn't really flow for what I was used to seeing, but as mentioned above, if we were all the same...

I am hoping that the body shop and restorer have cleaned up the metal work and the fitment of the grill, light covers, fender liners, etc.

Regardless, she's a unique machine that will tell her story when she is ready. Or maybe she won't. Who knows? Who cares? I'd love to see her now. That blue is beautiful.

3. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Interesting car, I understand why it was kept, and in my eyes that was a mistake. It is authentic in its own right, yet not good enough to keep completely. A small modification to the grill openings will do wonders - if 1/2 to 2/3 of the underside is shaved off and that little bumper added, I think you're already there. It is then still unique and still very authentic, with added desirability.
    Only disadvantage I can think of is that some people may then think it is a BMW... :)

4. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    This 330 was at that on-line quasi auction Rick Cole thing in Monterey this past August. They were looking for $300k, but couldn't move it anywhere near that. Offers were in the $150k region. It is a strange looking beast in person. Perhaps Russo will connect w/ someone's sweet spot.

5. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
  6. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    In principle, is it any different than a one-off commissioned by someone who wanted something other than a production car?

7. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter