330 GT Fan Clutch & Water Pump? | FerrariChat

330 GT Fan Clutch & Water Pump?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by igy330gt, May 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. igy330gt

igy330gt Rookie

Nov 22, 2021
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Iain Young
    Hi all. Got my first Ferrari last year, a 1965 330 GT 2+2 and am loving it. Such a great driving experience with the original Colombo V12. Long story short, the fan clutch was damaged and needs replaced, along with the impeller/water pump and assorted bearings. Can anyone point me in the right direction to source the above? Thanks much in advance.

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if you would fill out a little more you oersonal data then we would know on what technical level you are. you can repair everything on those old cars by yourslef if you not have "2 left hands" ;)
    photo would be great to see what is damaged on the fan clutch

3. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    mods whats wrong with my reply.
    just trying to help the guy with THE best old V12 advice

4. daytonaman

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Maybe I missed somehow
    Bill Young
    GT Car Parts
    Phoenix
    623 780 2200

5. igy330gt

igy330gt Rookie

Nov 22, 2021
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Iain Young
    Thanks all. I reached out to Bill Young. I wouldn't say I have two left hands...maybe one and a half. Haha. I'm more worried about screwing it up trying to fix myself.

Re: pictures, the car is with the shop while we're sourcing the parts. They showed me the issues yesterday...the pulley system has some internal damage and needs replaced as does the water pump impeller, the seal between the water pump and the impeller as well as assorted bearings. Nothing catastrophic, just tough to find replacements it seems. Thanks again.

6. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    @iggy330gt you shouldn't have too much trouble getting these parts from Bill Young. I've bought parts from him for years and just fixed the WP on my 330 GTC with parts from GTCP. Very fast fairly priced, shipping. Tell Bill I also chimed in with kudos for him. steve meltzer

daytonaman likes this.
  7. daytonaman

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Bill can be hard to get a hold of. Hes always busy on the phone or packing orders. dont ring late afternoon when they are trying to get orders out.
    Be patient, the guy has been Ferrari parts guy for decades and had immense knowledge.