330 GTC brake problems | FerrariChat

330 GTC brake problems

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by enzob, Apr 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzob

enzob Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Enzo Bertaggia
    I had a problem with my brakes. I went to put on the brakes and the pedal almost went to the floor. I released the brake and pushed again and then they were normal. The next time I went to put on the brakes, the same thing happened. The weather was a little rainy. I drove the car home (30 miles) and never had another problem.

The master cylinder was replaced 2 months ago because they couldn’t get the air out when bleeding the brakes.

2. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It sounds like you still have air in the system. You are doing the classic "pump the brakes" routine.
    When you let off the pedal and quickly push it again you are adding additional fluid into the brake lines. The additional fluid partially compensates for the reduction in volume of the air bubble(s) as the system pressure increases. Then the pedal doesn't have to stroke as far to achieve a given fluid pressure. You feel it as a higher pedal.
    A good "power bleed" seems to be in order. Another possiblity, especially on older cars, is that the flexible brake hoses are expanding with the fluid pressure. If that is the case, they need to be replaced.