330 GTC Veglia Borletti clock adjustment knob needed | FerrariChat

330 GTC Veglia Borletti clock adjustment knob needed

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 330GCC, Sep 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330GCC

330GCC Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    Hello,

I'm repairing the Veglia Borletti clock in my 330 GTC and need to find an adjustment knob? Anybody know of any sources?

Thanks

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
  3. phil99

phil99 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Wellington, NZ
    Full Name:
    Phil S.
    Can you post a photo? I have a few Veglia clocks that don't work- might have a matching adjustment knob. Cheers, Phil

4. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Try unobtainiumsupply.com The man can replicate virtually anything.

6. phil99

phil99 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Wellington, NZ
    Full Name:
    Phil S.
    It turns out most of my clocks are inaccessible until the weekend - the ones I could find are missing their knobs. I'll attach a photo of one in my Fiat 124 coupe. The knob doesn't look quite the same, but certainly similar.
    The clock looks like the Veglia clock used in the Fiat 124 (coupe and spider), Fiat Dino and others, but with a different bezel. If this is true, you should be able to find a knob closer to home (e.g. https://www.midwest-bayless.com/p-4352-clock-veglia-analog-quartz-fiat-124-spider-coupe-tested-working-u7.aspx or https://autoricambi.us/products/refurbished-veglia-clock) or find someone who has a stack of old fiat parts. Hopefully some variant of the knob would match exactly, since I am guessing an exact match is what you are after.
    Nonetheless, I will have a rummage this weekend, and could contact some of my other 124-loving contacts.
    Cheers,
    Phil
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Any machinist worth his/her weight should be able to turn something like that easily.
    If all else fails and some one can supply a sample, I have a local guy.

ago car nut likes this.
  8. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Have you looked at a 330GTC clock knob. It has to have an opening that accepts the "D" shaped shaft of the clock shaft. There is a captured screw in the end of it with super small threads and it is long and has grip lines machined into the outside. On top of that it is chrome plated. I bet you couldn't find a machinist that was capable of doing an exact replica, and if you could he wouldn't do it for less than $500.

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I don't gamble but if it's anything like in Howards photo and I had a sample for him to get specs, I wouldn't be surprised if he not only could do it, but do it or several for considerably less than $500 each. Brass stock I assume, but chrome or nickel plated ?

10. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    chrome

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    OTOH, what's +/-$500 if you need/want that knob.
    Some spend relatively more on items less important or practical for the use of a car or its components ? :rolleyes: