335S chassis 0700/Cavallino 129 | FerrariChat

335S chassis 0700/Cavallino 129

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by teegeefla, Dec 27, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    I have a sort of dual request here. I am looking for photos of chassis #0700 during its time racing in 1960 after John and Eleanor von Neumann sold it to Ed Purvis. It was driven by Skip Hudson at Shelton and Continental Divide Raceway in June 1960 and by Lew Florence at Shelton, Kent (Pacific Raceway) and Riverside from August through October of 1960. See details in attachment.

According to barchetta.cc a photo of the car appears in Cavallino issue 129/page 45 when the car, #22 was a DNQ at Riverside in October 1960.

So I was hoping that someone 1) has a copy of that issue of Cavallino and can post that photo and 2) someone has photos of the car at any other races in 1960.

Thanks for any help.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    John Hunholz did not get 0700 in 1967.

Marcel Massini

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    To prevent any potential copyright concerns, perhaps you can/should buy a copy of the issue 129 ?
    I’d imagine used ones can be found on eBay, etc and the publisher might still have new copies available.

manicotto and Marcel Massini like this.
  4. bs76

bs76 Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    Björn Schlichting
    Hello,
    you can find a nice pic of Skip Hudson in 0700 (race Nr. 8) at the Continental Divide Raceway 1960
    in the book "Lost Road Courses" (page 36) from Martin Rudow (photo from Castle Rock museum).

best wishes,
    BjörnS

375+ likes this.
  5. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi Tom,

here it is:

turbo-joe, Edward 96GTS and readplays like this.
  6. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Christian- thanks for posting the photo. It fills in some of the blanks about how the car looked at the time. Much appreciated.

Bjorn- thanks for the info on the Lost Road courses book. I am trying, without success to reach Martin Rudow via facebook because he photographed many races in the Northwest USA and will potentially help with more information.

happy 2023 to all.

Tom

-CD- likes this.
  7. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I believe it was Monterey Historics in 1987. Our team was campaigning several important Ferraris and Aston Martins and had two semis in the paddock.
    A very nice couple approached our camp with a little dog, it was John Hunholz and his wife. The dog was thirsty and hot so we all went inside the transporter to cool down and give the dog water. I didn’t know who John was or that he owned the car.
    Peter Sachs was my principal client and we were racing the TRI/61 that weekend. He pulled me aside and asked to be introduced to the Hunholzs which I did. After exchanging contact information and many pleasantries the car ended up in the Sachs collection shortly there after. Always treat dogs nicely

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    0700 was sold by Hunholz in December 1991.

Marcel Massini

9. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    When did Wayne Sparling perform the first restoration?