340MM No sale | FerrariChat

340MM No sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by colombo2cam, May 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
  2. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    High bid was just under $5mm, so - presuming it was a genuine bid - someone was willing to pay ~$5.5 all-in for the car. The low estimate often coincides with an amount equal or close to the reservice, which was ~$6.25 in this case. Still >10% apart.

Being one of only ten examples makes it extremely hard to define a 'market'. That said, being on the market for as long as 0350 has been, may give some potential buyers reason to pause.

BJK and colombo2cam like this.
  3. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I don't have a clue what the market is, but I love this car in particular.
    After college I was at Lime Rock for a VSCCA event and got introduced to 0350 AM (in blue and white) and 0078 E (in red).
    Spencer Gudert was Sherman Wolf's mechanic and collection manager at the time and I met him as he fired both of them up and brought them out to the pit area. Super nice guy who was very generous in sharing his time and knowledge about the cars with me.

Please don't misunderstand- I love certain Ferraris in red- 0078 E, for instance.
    But the later owner who changed 0350 AM from blue and white to red (guy has a habit of doing this to everything... real testa di cazzo, as they say in the old country) is a Joker who seems to think of himself as some kind of aesthete.

The car is magnificent and re-painting it in its original livery would make a big difference.

4. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Who is the person or collection who most recently owned it? The auction catalogue only refers to the current owner as a prominent American collector?

5. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Les Wexner of OH. He's a good client of both RM and Copley Motorcars, where the car has been for sale for some time, prior to the Monaco sale.