348 3 point seat belt for U.S. car | FerrariChat

348 3 point seat belt for U.S. car

Discussion in '348/355' started by Devildog, Nov 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devildog

Devildog Rookie

Oct 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Robert Arnold
    Hello all, I’m new on here and I tried to search but no go. I’m trying to get some information on converting my car from the mouse style belt to a conventional seat belt set up. Has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yes I did the conversion, was able to source parts from a wrecked 348 in Germany and had them send the parts to me. Turned out very well and I am glad the mechanical belts are gone from my life!

Devildog likes this.
  3. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Search for 348 Three-Point Seat Belt Conversion thread by Modena2904 started July 6, 2007. I'm not sure how to post a link directly to it. Hope that helps. Roger

Devildog likes this.
  4. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Oops, the date of the thread was actually August 30, 2013, but you can find it easily by searching "Three-Point Seat Belt" in this forum.

Devildog likes this.
  5. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I do have an extra set of Ferrari 3 point belts (NIB) if you need some for the conversion.

6. Devildog

Devildog Rookie

Oct 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Robert Arnold
    I am interested for sure. What other parts will I need to get? And how much do you want for them?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Hah. I went the “hard way” and just bought a Euro car. :) Glad I did. Only mousetrap seatbelt car I’ve ever owned was my old 92 Corrado VR6 back in the mid-90s. That car was apparently easy to convert though—many people did.