348/355 Brake pump conversion kits | Page 3 | FerrariChat

348/355 Brake pump conversion kits

Discussion in '348/355' started by User-C3, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    SORRY...for perhaps the bad photo. Behind the accumulator ball is enough space to make a fist with my hand and probably still have another couple inches to spare. The ball (in the 456 mounting) is completely vertical to the ground and the firewall angles backwards toward the steering wheel at a 35degree angle.

sounds to me as if i should just take the leap of faith, buy the Jag unit and determine what I can buy or fab to make it work. thanks again to the wonderful people here. -wp

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Exactly what you need to do, basic bracketry is pretty easy to do. Best of luck!

3. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks again to all who offered advice. I purchased steel angle iron and "opened" up the 90degree bend to allow the Jag/Teves pump and accumulator (the Jag unit is obviously the wrong handed for the Fcar) to "lay forward" in order to clear the bonnet when closed and then purchased the hose/banjo kit from our esteemed member here. See photo below.

Aside from working some bubbles out of the system, seems to be working fine right now (I've not driven yet). No leaks, though!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

User-C3 likes this.
  4. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    sorry! what I meant to write, was "from our esteemed member, @User-C3 "

5. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Thanks for the words Will, and I'm happy to hear everything is working out with your project.

6. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know I still have kits available if anyone is interested and in need.

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I got one to go with my new ABS pump, they are a stellar kit.

Qavion likes this.
  8. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    anyone having brake pump issues?