348 Brake Squeal/Squeak | FerrariChat

348 Brake Squeal/Squeak

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ksullender, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    The brakes on my 348 have been replaced. However, as I come to a stop they squeal. That is the only time they do, as the car is at slow/slowing speeds while breaking. If I go into reverse and hit the brakes they will squeak. With the pads being replaced, what else should I look for?

2. GOB

GOB Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Panama
    Full Name:
    Gus
    Make sure whomever did your brake job used liberal amounts of anti brake squeal "goop" on your pads before placing them on the calipers. Also, if you changed your pads to more aggressive compound, say metallic, not much you can do there.

3. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    355's are the worst... the only remedy I have found is switching to Porterfield Pads. About $125 for a complete set.

4. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    My 550 squeeks way more than my 355 did. If you heat the pads up a bit, the 550 is quiet.

5. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    You may want to try a set of shims and/or some anti-squeal paste on the backs of the pads.

6. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Thanks, I'll try the anti squeal lube and see if that helps. It only happens the last 20 or so feet of the stop. Slow speeds.

7. NC348

NC348 Karting

Feb 18, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James I. Movich
    at the risk of asking what may be a"self evident" or stupid question.... the term 'back s of the pads', refers to the matel plate side? how much?

8. Dino

Dino Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    San Diego
    The anti-squeal goop did not work on my car. Switching to the Porterfiled pads solved the problem completely! The dealer won't do it... so find an independant.

Dino.