News

348 climate control unit

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by airbarton, Jun 24, 2004.

1. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Does anyone know where to get a replacement climate control unit for the 348 or do you know someone that can repair the old one. Mine has gone on the blink. I took it out cleaned it inside and out, checked all soldering on the boards, ect, but it still does not work. I will take any suggestions you guys may have. I would even consider a used one if I knew it worked.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    What about rutlands?

4. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    I got a rebuilt one from http://www.sodacoms.com/. It was about $700. Email this guy, he seem to be able to get most any part.

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    GT CAR PARTS 623-780-2200

6. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Airbarton,
    Hg Parts (see sponsors) has euro and US rebuilt units. I was able to get one from Ferrari via Ferrari NA and my dealers at a cost of $1350. However, it did'nt work. Found a new US version on ebay worked great. Good luck these units are hard to find, but you can find them. Also, do a search on goggle ferrari parts or look in the parts section/ads of this site for 348 part cars.
    Good luck,
    Jim

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I don't know where to find one, but I did find the following which may have caused it:

http://www.ferrariforum.net/tech/view.php?id=14

Does anyone know if this is a common problem on the 348? or one that indicates inevitable failure due to bad design as the article seems to indicate?

Regards,
    Rob.

9. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I tried them. They said good luck finding one!

10. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    You guys are not going to believe this buy RKRENEK'S article solved the problem! I pulled the trunk cover and checked the fuse the article mentions and low and behold it was toast. I replaced it and everything is back to normal. I think I will follow the articles advice though and replace the holder. RKRENEK, I am in your debt. You sir are a true gentlemen. Many thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. This is a great community of which I am proud to be a member. If I can help anyone with a problem please let me know. Thank you gentlemen!

11. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob

I'm glad to hear this fixed your problem! I'm going to do the same on my car before it becomes an issue.

Regards,
    Rob.

12. To remove this ad click here.