348 Clutch Grease RePack Question | Page 4 | FerrariChat

348 Clutch Grease RePack Question

Discussion in '348/355' started by POLO35, Dec 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Sorry, I was replying to Huskymaniacs complaint of a whining noise.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks! The noise is noticeable but not loud. Most people don't notice it until I point it out. Should I let it go for now or dive in and replace it?

4. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    What kind of car are we talking about here? You can probably live with it for a while you would never want to ignore camshaft bearing noises or internal engine bearing noises....but a clutch throwout bearing is not the end of the world.

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Unless ton ruptures then your leak hydraulic fluid all over and be stranded on the side of the road. Probably ruin the clutch plates too. The original Vallejo throwout bearings tend to rupture. Real crappy bit.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    We don't even know what kind of a car we are dealing with.......Huskymaniacs profile lists no Fcar

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  8. Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    You are correct and I updated my profile. Missed that when I created the profile.

9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    A slave bearing on a 348/355 is not something to ignore when it starts to make noise.

10. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Hi folks, it's time for me to regrease. Does anyone have a source for orings like the kits that Andrew from MD would put together? Thanks.

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  12. J1an

J1an Rookie

Jul 26, 2012
    Estonia
    Full Name:
    Jan Vend
    Found something similar here in Europe, that has same spec as Klüber 1301 (Price is similar, but OKS is available in 500g package for 112€):
    https://www.oks-germany.com/en/products/oks-1140-extreme-temperature-silicone-grease/

13. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Nice. I always felt that it was way overkill people thinking that they "had"to use kluber.
    I used the super lube grease and it is working absolutely perfectly and a fraction of the cost. In fact it's such an excellent lube I'm using it on everything ...the boat the trailer and other applications around the house. For what it's worth repacking the clutch did get rid of the clunky sound on a hot start but it did not help the hot start problem at all whatsoever. It turns out I had the common problem of massive pressure build up in the fuel tank which was causing the engine to flood while sitting. I now keep the fuel cap loose as suggested by another member and I've not had a problem since!

Peter likes this.