348 - 348 faux leather lining reattachment | FerrariChat

348 348 faux leather lining reattachment

Discussion in '348/355' started by spectre007, May 15, 2024 at 11:22 AM.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spectre007

spectre007 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    London
    Hi all,

I've got some flappy pillar / roof / rear shelf faux leather lining in my 348TS. Was wondering if someone could advise me on a process and products to reattach? Also does anyone have a service manual link to aid in dismantling the interior (if such a thing exists)?
    Any advice or links to threads I missed where this gets covered would be appreciated!

2. whyte

whyte Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    Merritt Island, FL
    Full Name:
    John C
    I did this many years ago. Most of the pieces are fairly obvious as to how they are removed, but there is a guide somewhere. For what it's worth, here is what I recall:

At least some of the bolts for the rear deck trip are in the front of the engine compartment, and are removed through there. I think the cushioned trim under the window? Then, the top pieces I believe are removed by pulling the weather stripping off, and drilling the rivets that are exposed. You have to rivet it back when you are done.

As for reattaching the vinyl, I generally use 3M spray adhesive for headliners (80 or 90). Spray, let it set a few minutes, then pull taut and attach.

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    did mine with evostick. not sure if you get that in the us.

removing the pieces, I remember as per John’s post.

all fairly easy, just used lots of cloth pegs to secure edges when glue applied.

4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA