348 Fog Light Cover | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 Fog Light Cover

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ron308, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell

I think it's a combination of factors. Corrosion on the ball, corrosion on the spring clips, and failure to press on fully are all contributors. Also, there must be an additional factor since the vast majority of ones lost are on the right side of the car.

I'll post here as soon as they're available, and also list the price.

Tim

2. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Do we know if there are any updates on the creation/printing of these light cover replacements - whether from Tim or anyone else who may have taken up this project?

3. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    I have a TinkerCAD file I will be glad to share for anyone that does 3D printing. The part is probably 95% accurate and I was planning on just attaching with Velcro.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    Sorry for the delay, but with COVID and the holidays, we fell behind. We're testing a new method of attachment, still utilizing the standard plate w/ the balls. Like I said before, I won't begin selling them until I'm positive that I have a superior product. Right now we're waiting on some fittings from China to arrive. Once those get here I should have an answer in days. Stay tuned guys, I'm working on it!

Qavion likes this.
  5. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen

Very good idea.....

May I ask you to send me the 3D file?

Have a nice day

Marc

6. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    Hi guys. Sorry for the long delay in getting this part done, but along with Covid and wanting to make sure it was perfect, it has taken much longer than anticipated. I have redesigned the attachment and have put over 1,000 miles on the car without it coming loose. The part fits onto the original mounting balls on the bracket. They will be offered at $250 US for the pair, shipping included. You will not be billed until they ship. Please contact me to pre-order, as that will determine how many I have manufactured. Thanks!!

TIm

7. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    The parts are FINALLY available!! Contact me directly for ordering info, or search any of the 348 forums on FB. Thanks guys!

8. F1Flaherty

F1Flaherty Rookie

Jun 13, 2021
    Edwards CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Flaherty
    I need both sides. My car was missing both fogs and all hardware. Took the plunge and bought the lights but now Im realizing the odds and ends are just as hard to find!

Thanks

9. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    I don't have the hardware available, unfortunately. You can probably find those through Ferrparts or Scudaria. To order the trim pieces from me, please to to normalguysupercar.com and search under parts for the 348 to place your order. I'm out of town until next Thursday, but can get them out after that.

Thanks!
    Tim

F1Flaherty likes this.